Should I rent FULL HOUSE or TWO separate units?

Lexi775
Level 2
Kailua-Kona, HI

Should I rent FULL HOUSE or TWO separate units?

Just getting starting with AirBNB and our property is two separate units in one house, one downstairs and one upstairs. They can be separated by a door and different entrances or it also works to rent out the whole house for larger groups. We are trying to decide if we should rent the whole house or as two units. We are in Hawaii, so there's a lot of people that travel here for destination weddings, family vacations, etc. and the whole house idea could make a lot of sense. The previous owners did that but we want to make sure we are making the right decision. What are your thoughts on it? 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can do it as both by setting up three listings . One for downstairs, one upstairs and one for both properties. (Make sure you link the calendars so you don’t get double bookings).

Hi @Helen3. Reading your answear I decided to ask for your help. I have an apartment that is split in two studios. Each of the studios has all the facilities. Room, bathroom, bedroom and kitchen and 2 separate entrances. Can I set 2 separate listings using the same license number?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You would need to ask your local government or whoever awards licenses in your area @Leandro484 

I would imagine you would need a license for each property.