Sudden "permanent" de-listing

Jo614
Level 2
Cork, Ireland

Sudden "permanent" de-listing

Any idea how to contact someone high up in Airbnb?

Long story short, but one of our listings was de-listed by anonymous email a couple of months ago. There was a problem with a booking. We acknowledged the problem and we were told that we should take steps to make sure it didn't happen again (double-booked, completely by accident). We had done everything in our power to accommodate the guest elsewhere but it didn't work out. I thought the matter was closed.

Two weeks later I got an anonymous email  at 8.00am GMT saying that our listing had been permanently de-listed and efforts to relist would result in termination of our Airbnb account. To say this was a total shock was an understatement. Since then I have spent two months ringing and emailing customer support to attempt to find out what happened and why the listing was suddenly de-listed. I have been ghosted. Every time I ring or email I'm told a different story, and the latest story is that it is with a "special team" who will get back to me. That was two weeks ago. Since then ... silence.

I obviously need to try and find out who made the decision to over-rule the original decision and de-list us. I need to find out what kind of appeals procedure there is (or if there even is one). I need to talk to someone high up in Airbnb customer management, and cannot find out how to. Customer support will not pass me on, telling me it is "being dealt with".

Does anyone know how to get in toch with someone high up in customer support?

I'm not asking here for any comment on the mistake that led to the de-listing, but to put it in context, we were super-hosts for seven years and this was the first time we ever had a problem.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jo614 

So a couple of months ago the listing was delisted and after discussion with Airbnb listed again ?

Did another incident happened now, making Airbnb delist it permanently ?

Please note Airbnb CS has no power to solve such issues themself, they will route your messages/phonecall to a special department within Airbnb. Which you can not contact directly and as you can read in this community frequently: for unknown reasons there is no response anymore.

So keep trying to get your answers, sometimes Airbnb on Twitter can help (account: AIrbnbHelp).

Hi Emiel,

Thanks for responding. No, after the initial resolution of the problem, we carried on as normal. Customer support said it was unfortunate and try not to let it happen again. People came and stayed, other people made bookings for later this year. Completely out of the blue, two weeks later, we got an anonymous email that the listing was permanently de-listed and all our future bookings were cancelled, ruining four or five people's holiday plans.

I will try Twitter.

Thanks again.