Suspended Account after reporting a party

Tila144
Level 1
Springfield, MO

Suspended Account after reporting a party

I have been a super host for 2 years with over 200 reviews. None ever going below a 4 stars. 

I had a guest book for 2 people and advise she is using the space as a nice get away for her and her boyfriend. The day of the booking she tried to add 5 people but then saw it would increase the rate and retracted it. I reached out to her about the situation she said she might have her kids stay but was not sure and if there was a fee they wouldn’t stay. 

then she went on about having a larger group of people to the house for photos shoots etc. I told her that was not typical use of the house and that any guest not listed on the booking is unauthorized. 

I told her I would be checking cameras periodically to ensure the rules were followed. 

We have a hot tub and generally don’t let people use the hot tub unless they are listed on the booking due to extra towels and chemicals etc. 

There were several people in bathing suits hanging out on the front porch taking shots and balloons falling out the front door. I messaged the guest and asked them to make everyone leave by a certain time because we do not allow parties. Which she agreed to the house rules prior to booking. 

I decided not to call the police or cancel the booking because they made everyone leave about an hour after the time I demanded them to leave. There was confetti everywhere after the stay and the hot tub was in rough shape. 

I messaged the guest letting her know we would be charging for the extra person fees and the rule violation penalty the day after the stay. That I would charge through Airbnb. They said ok. 

I didn’t have time to sit down  and write it all out right away and 10 days later finally got to it. When I asked Airbnb to step in and help with reimbursement of the fees two cases were opened. 

One where I sent videos of the party from listed cameras in locations that are with in the guidelines of Airbnb and one with the safety team. The reimbursement was paid out and the claim was closed. The safety team suspended my account and it has been 7 days since we have been suspended. 

I have reached out over 50 times and started reach out over social media channels I have been contacted 3 times to be told they can’t tell me anything and that they are working as fast as they can. 

I am baffled at why this is happening and in fear of the effects this will have on me and my family financially. 

I believe I am a fantastic host and regularly get reviews raving about being the best bnb ever and the best host ever. 

I have asked to talk to supervisors and I get no where. I am just going to keep calling and posting every time I get a little energy to pour back into this nightmare. 

0 Replies 0