Trip lenght

Yke80
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Trip lenght

Hi, if I open up like 10 days. And use trip lenght. How can I make sure its rented for at least 8 days? I can't use a long trip lenght at the end of my 10 day opening

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Yke80 if your calendar is blocked for all but 10 days and your min stay length is 8 days then you will only get 8 days in the 10 available. Be aware though that you are opening and blocking nights not days so be careful!

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Yke80 

If you open the 10-day stretch and you apply an 8-day minimum stay to all 10 days, it will effectively mean that a booking can't start on any of the last 7 days. The booking can only start on day 1, 2, or 3. Someone asking for a booking to start on day 4 will not be able to see and book your place, because their stay cannot be 8 days or more. So I think this does actually solve your problem. The risk is that you may not find a guest who specifically wants to make a booking starting on one of the first 3 days. As the dates come nearer, you may need to revise your requirements if the dates don't get booked.

If you want a more advanced solution to your problem, go to your profile in the top right corner and click on "account". Scroll down to professional tools and turn it on. When you use professional tools you can create more complex rule sets to block specific dates from check-ins and check-outs and to set minimum stays. Professional tools are a bit more difficult to work with than the regular calendar, but the tool set does give you some more advanced options.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Yke80, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Have you had the chance to read our Hosts' advice? Were you able to update your calendar? In case you're interested in exploring the pro tools, here is an article with more details.

I hope this information helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad