What Do You Think About Using a Bedroom Photo As Your Cover Photo?

Answered!

What Do You Think About Using a Bedroom Photo As Your Cover Photo?

Typically, the general advice is to use an outdoor photo of the house, or a nice common area, but I really like our master bedroom photo and think it may work as well. Does anyone have any experience with bedroom cover photos (not a condo) and are they effective? What picture would you suggest if you think it's not a good idea?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/28919087?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=825db08e-0bbe-481c-909d...

1 Best Answer
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Aaron-and-Amy0 

I think your cover photo is brilliant. It drew me in to look at more of the pictures.

With your price point I personally do not think anyone would think it is just a bedroom and your description immediately calls out that you are renting the whole place. You done a fantastic job in rehab and decorating.

I say go with it. If you see that your reservations decrease then maybe rethink the idea.

Can't wait to return to Atlanta just to rent your space!

Bettye6

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

Generally I think   bedroom pictures usually are used  when  just renting   a  bedroom.     You  might  give the  wrong impression   even though it is beautiful.

That is true @Marie8425 . Which picture do you think is the best cover photo then?

@Aaron-and-Amy0 

To me happy Guests are  the future Guests I want.  So I read your reviews which did include you had nice bedrooms but  the focus for the majority was  spacious environment.  It is a beautiful pool  but not even mentioned because the actual deal closure for guest which they loved was  spacious, well equipped kitchen, nice locatio  n and good environment when they had young children.  I would highlight those areas because Guests  are extremely happy that you provided that not every listing does..  Somebody asked for comments on a 1 bedroom  that slept 6 I was like where? 6 people  staying even a few days in basically 2 rooms,  I wouldn't Haha. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Aaron-and-Amy0 , I got really curious reading your post and took a quick peek at your listing. With beautiful photos as yours, it can surely be confusing to choose a cover photo from the best of things 😆

You've received a bit of varied recommendations from other Host members. How are you choosing your cover photo eventually? Are you going with the bedroom option as tipped by Emilia and Ana? 

Or you're thinking to go with the full house front photo as advised by Marie, Bettye and Maria?

Curious to know your pick ! 😉

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

We're leaving it as the bedroom picture for now and seeing how it impacts listing views. Still too early to tell, but it seems to have had a positive effect so far.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing @Aaron-and-Amy0 ! Do share with us your findings later on if you change your mind🌻. We'd remain curious to hear back from you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Aaron-and-Amy0 

I think your cover photo is brilliant. It drew me in to look at more of the pictures.

With your price point I personally do not think anyone would think it is just a bedroom and your description immediately calls out that you are renting the whole place. You done a fantastic job in rehab and decorating.

I say go with it. If you see that your reservations decrease then maybe rethink the idea.

Can't wait to return to Atlanta just to rent your space!

Bettye6

@Bettye6 Thanks for the kind words and insight. Feel free to reach out if you're ever looking to visit Atlanta!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Aaron-and-Amy0 

Personally, I would like to see ALL cover photos be of the master bed/bedroom. I will know by this first glance if I would be comfortable staying there.

I hate having to scroll through a handful of beautiful scenery pics and fancy kitchen appliances only to discover a lackluster bedroom with a dingy bedspread. 

When my limited attention span cannot see the bedroom right away, I keep scrolling.

Point well made though I still use the front of my home as a cover photo. My bedroom is very cozy and comfortable. It would not impress me as a cover photo😂, besides when one looks for property via the app where you sleep pops right up. 

Maria20225
Level 2
Miami, FL

I personally like your cover picture.  love the fact that you can see nature from the bedroom and it shows a very relaxing ambient.

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

@Aaron-and-Amy0 , when I first started Airbnb,  I was told by another Airbnb host to make my cover photo the bed/bedroom as this is what most travelers what to see.  As @Emilia42 , stated I want to see if I'd be comfortable sleeping there. Granted my listing is not a full house (guesthouse/studio) but having the bed/bedroom as the cover photo has worked for me. 

Love your cover photo...don't change it...

Best--