What is the peak season for your listing?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

What is the peak season for your listing?

Rudi-Road-Trip_D5_ListingID-11463775_1381.jpg

Hello Hosts 👋

There is no doubt that during certain times of the year, listings could be more popular, or have a peak season; school holidays, ski or beach season, cultural, religious or tourist events might be a few reasons why guests flock to your accommodation. 

When is the peak time for guests to experience the magic of your listing, and why? 

If I was to list my property, I would definitely see an increase around the British summertime as my home is so close to the sea, has a sea view and a small (but cute) balcony. 🌊🏖☀️

I can’t wait to hear about when your listings are most popular! 🙌

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

35 Replies 35
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear you've not had any bookings since New Year. 😢

Hopefully with the beautiful spring weather we're having, that'll pick up! 

-----

Gert189
Level 1
Tasman, New Zealand

Roughly between November and May around the New Zealand summer.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for sharing @Gert189 😍 

I traveled to New Zealand and was there for the whole month of November (South and North Island) - one of the best trips I had! 🙌

-----

Gbade1
Level 2
Houston, TX

March, April in Houston

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Gbade1 👋 

Is there a reason it's so busy in Houston around that time? Thanks so much for sharing! 

-----

The Houston Rodeo, considered the largest livestock exhibition and rodeo in the world, holds in late Feb and March, with as many as 2.5m people attending. The weather in April is still reasonably cool, but temperature tends to start increasing in May, peaking in July/August.

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Buongiorno @Rebecca , in Venice (Italy) peak season is all the year 😍 perhaps the month with the least tourists is January ... but not that much 😂

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Andrea6232, hope you're well. Lovely to hear from you! 

I can imagine that with it's history, architecture and yummy food that it is always busy! Thanks so much for sharing with us. 😊

-----

You're welcome @Rebecca 

Joseph1913
Level 2
Vaikom, India

For us the peak season is from Dec to Feb due to winter in Europe and due to the cool climate for the domestic tourists.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for coming to share with us @Joseph1913 😍

-----

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

June, July, and August are guaranteed to be fully booked, but July and August are actually the worst time to visit here. It's extremely hot (40+c) there's zillions of tourists, beaches are jam packed, so are the restaurants, shops, and parking places... But it's when Europeans have their summer holidays. And we're only a short flight from most of Europe. 

Yet bookings outside of the high season have been increasing steadily. September and October offer really delightfully comfortable, moderate weather (upper-20's to mid-30's), and far less crowding. November - April bookings are increasing too, but it's a different type of tourist than the high season. Off-peak tourism is all about cycling, golf, equestrian, and general sightseeing, largely dominated by "empty nest" adults and the occasional family when there's winter school holidays (e.g., Christmas/New Years),  rather than beachgoers (it's too chilly for general beachiness). May is when the temperature rises into the 30's and the  beachgoers start to return.

Hi..

New Zealand based (ie Southern hemisphere) it seems also that the summer time (Jan- March) is a high booking time.. again being near the beaches helps that, although we are seeing working guests also. 

We have only been hosting for 3 months (just became Super Hosts!) so am not able to have evidence of peak time.. although advanced bookings have slowed.

Regards, Graham

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

So many congratulations on becoming a Superhost after 3 months 🎉🙌 

It would be interesting to see how your next year goes and if anything changes! 

Thank you so much for sharing @Graham490  😍

-----

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much and it's a great insight top your location. It's great to hear that 'out of holiday season' is getting busier and it's steadily building. Thanks for sharing @Elaine701 😍

-----