When is the busiest season in your area?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

When is the busiest season in your area?

Busiest season.png

Hey there,

Whether you host on the coast or in the mountains, in a city or in a small village,  you will probably have certain seasons or periods which are busier with visitors than others.  It might be simply due to the weather or perhaps there is an event that brings lots of people to the area at that time.

When is your busiest season/period of the year and how do you prepare for it? It might just be starting now with the arrival of summer or maybe this is your quieter period!

Looking forward to hearing more about when guests visit your areas,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

82 Replies 82
Diwash0
Level 2
Kathmandu, Nepal

hello misses    stephanie  in nepal seasons  after august   climb  the everest nepal   to much  mountion

Beautiful Roanoke, Virginia, US, sits in a valley immediately west of the Blue Ridge Mountains and east of the Allegheny Mountains.

We have hosted hundreds of guests that mostly enjoy the easy to moderate to difficult challenges of the numerous hiking trails we have. Mcafee Knob, Tinker Cliffs and Dragon’s Tooth are the main attractions.

We do have four separate and usually mild seasons and I have noticed an increase in hosting especially during the Autumn which is sometime between September and November when the leaves are changing. Many of our guests use this time to travel on the Blue Ridge Parkway, a National  Parkway noted for is spectacular beauty. 

Many of our guests, from “old(80’s) to the very young (3weeks old) have also enjoyed visiting Mill Mountain where in 1949 the local merchants association decided to kick off Christmas season so they hand-built a 60 foot(18 meter) illuminated Star. From there you get an awesome view of my town!

We love our guests who are beer connoisseurs. With this area’s high-quality water found in the Blue Ridge Mountains it helped put my town and this region on the map as a destination town for craft beer lovers.

We have also hosted guests that come here specifically for work as traveling nurses, doctors, construction workers and engineers.

We are also the gateway to many other cities and towns and so some of our guests are over-nighters who end up returning year after year and some for longer stays!

I don’t have any “one” particular time of year that is the busiest because I run my business on sharing my empty nest with those that need the space rather then run for the money.

Kira32
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

September until April.

I have a listing near Disney World so anytime kids aren't in school. Summer is incredibly busy, but the holidays are even more busy. Spring break I usually see a rush as well and it lasts a good month. Disney must being doing something right.

So our property is on Prince Edward Island - the east coast of Canada and definitely the busy season is super short...July and August!  A few stragglers in June and maybe September but then we shut down because the tourist traffic is basically non existent!!  But until you’ve experienced summers on PEI you haven’t lived....❤️

Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

May through March  for my place...but this area is generally a summer vacation destination.

Petrina3
Level 10
Sapphire Beach, Australia

I have 3 villas on the East coast of Australia in Coffs Harbour (Home of the big Banana), located halfway between Sydney and Brisbane.

There are people always travelling the Pacific Highway and because I accomodate one nighters , my bookings are fairly consistent, however this year was looking a bit quiet -so i snoozed 2 of my listings and did private rentals for the slower 4 months.

Coffs is located at the beach and my Villas are in a resort which is right on the beach so My extremely busy time is September through until March when i get a lot of families booking multiple nights for a vacation.

We have a lot of international/national sporting events i.e. Oztag  held here at our Stadium and also a stage of the world Rally which brings many tourists to the area.

Elton John is playing 2 concerts here in Feb as part of his "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" tour and we are one of the regional areas that he is playing in- I'm sure all accomodation will be booked out for those nights! 

Hi Petrina

Will definitely keep your place in mind if we are wishing to stay in Coffs on our way south with us often travelling to Sydney.  We live & run an Airbnb ensuite up here on the magical Sunshine Coast & also have Elton John coming in March 2020 to us... so ahead of time I unblocked those dates & increased the rate.. which booked out pretty much within 24 hours of release of the tickets on sale.  Interested to hear your views on the one night stays as our space is large (cleaning) but can see that (time permitting) could be potentially a good option for travelling guests wanting that overnight stay as we now accommodate up to 4 people... any tips would be appreciated & I'm yet to see any way to increase just a nightly rate for this purpose as currently I've set a minimum of two nights to future guests.

We've been running our Airbnb for just over 12 months now & enjoyed the experience of meeting people from all around the world, including also many local Queenslanders wishing to have a beach stay experience.  

Deidre1
Level 4
Nashville, TN

March through July and September through New Years Eve. All weekends stay pretty much booked because Nashville is a party city.

Chastity3
Level 8
Orlando, FL

I'm a new host, so I will gauge it better for next year, but I had tons of inquiries and instant bookings for June-Aug here in Orlando. 

Jason951
Level 2
Shepherdsville, KY

Im in Gatlinburg and its from March through July and October hits the hardest being leaf season.

Val-andYuko0
Level 5
New York, NY

Hello everyone

I live in New York City.

In NYC, all over the year except  February.

That is music to my years, I was wondering there is always something going on in NYC and all the bloody hotels are 200 plus a night, NYC must be kicking ass year around. Glad its confirmed. Thank you

Carolyn207
Level 2
Motueka, New Zealand

Dec to Feb is the busiest in Abel Tasman area NZ

Yvonne389
Level 2
Napier, New Zealand

In New Zealand October to April inclusive for overseas travellers and NZ workers in off peak months.