Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Would love feedback and help getting more bookings

Dwayne-A9
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

Would love feedback and help getting more bookings

I’m new to this I’ve recently listed my property here in central Colorado Springs area and I’m not getting enough booking's to at least cover my expenses, I’ve had only 2 so far but would like to get more as well as review conversions. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks for your time 

5 Replies 5
Oksana127
Level 10
Riga, Latvia

Hey there @Dwayne-A9 !

First off, congrats on getting started with your Airbnb listings—it’s a big step! I took a look at your listings, and I have a few thoughts to help you boost your bookings and get those reviews rolling in:

Improve Listing Titles & Descriptions

Your titles could be more eye-catching. Instead of just describing the essentials (like "One-bedroom in Central Colorado Springs"), consider highlighting a key feature or unique aspect of your property. Something like, "Cozy Modern Stay Near Downtown Colorado Springs with Mountain Views" will help you stand out from the crowd. For descriptions, be sure to emphasize the value of your location and anything that will make travelers feel excited—like proximity to local attractions, parks, or unique amenities your space offers.

Photos Make All the Difference

Your photos are the first thing guests notice, and they need to sell the experience. Consider hiring a professional photographer or enhancing your existing photos. Natural lighting is key—make sure rooms look bright and spacious. Include lifestyle shots like a cozy setup of the living area, or the view from the window. Highlight details like comfortable bedding, well-decorated spaces, or any amenities that might make the stay special.

Competitive Pricing

Since you're just starting out, your pricing might need to be a bit more competitive to attract initial guests. Check out similar listings in your area and slightly undercut their prices, or offer a discount for the first few bookings to help drive more traffic. Airbnb often rewards active and well-priced listings by boosting them in search results.

Offer Promotions or Incentives

Consider offering early-bird discounts, or a weekly discount for longer stays. You can also promote a "Book Now" offer for guests who book within the next 7 days, which might drive last-minute travelers to your listing.

Focus on Guest Experience and Reviews

Since reviews are key to getting more bookings, be very responsive with your guests before, during, and after their stay. Make sure your space is extra clean, and consider adding small touches like a welcome note or local guidebook. Guests love the little extras, and happy guests are more likely to leave positive reviews. After they check out, don’t be shy about politely asking for a review.

Optimize Your Airbnb Profile

Make sure your profile looks professional and approachable. Guests feel more comfortable when they can relate to the host. A friendly photo of yourself, and a personalized bio about why you love hosting and the experience you want guests to have in your space, can help build trust.

Leverage Social Media & Reviews

Since you mentioned you want to convert more reviews, consider adding a line in your post-stay message thanking guests for their stay and gently reminding them to leave a review if they enjoyed their experience. Additionally, you can promote your listing on social media platforms to reach a wider audience. Share photos, and mention local attractions to appeal to potential guests looking for a great stay in Colorado Springs.

Monitor and Adjust

Airbnb has data tools that can show you how your listing is performing compared to similar properties in the area. Use these insights to adjust your pricing or features to stay competitive. Also, keep an eye on your calendar to fill gaps with last-minute deals.

I hope these tips help! Wishing you lots of bookings and five-star reviews in the near future! 😊

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Dwayne-A9 

Congratulations!  Beautiful properties!

For the private room

Use the folders for the pictures and captions just by themselves I am not sure.

Is kitchen use limited with room with microwave?

Is there a coffee maker?

A sink to use for kitchen Items?

Review pricing that is a big jump from 1 to 2

Review amenities?  It says No essentials.

no clothes storage.

Where do I eat on the bed?

Look at the market other descriptions, one line is way too short.

Turn on the Airbnb New Host Discount.

You should tell guest shared with who?  What areas are shared?

House

Check amenities. 

Turn on New Host Discount

Review Description better but there is a lot of room left.

That is a big house for four people but use positive encouragement spacious accommodations.

Create some Guidebooks encourage ideas.

Thank you @Marie8425 ! I fixed those things and updated some stuff I didn’t realized how much I was missing on private room booking. I was more focused on my other listing. Thanks for your input I definitely made some changes after looking things over 

Hi @Dwayne-A9,

It can be tough getting started, but a few key strategies can help boost your bookings and reviews:

• Title & Photos: Make sure your listing title includes relevant keywords that highlight your location and key amenities (like "Central Colorado Springs Stay"). Also, your hero image needs to be eye-catching. High-quality, well-lit photos are crucial to making your listing stand out.

• Description: Expand your description to answer all potential questions guests might have. Highlight unique aspects of your property, nearby attractions, and any standout amenities like parking, a cozy living space, or a fully equipped kitchen.

• Pricing: Review the prices of similar listings in your area and consider offering a small discount or promotion to attract more bookings and generate reviews, especially as a new listing.

• Encouraging Reviews: After guests stay, follow up with a polite message thanking them and kindly asking if they’d leave a review. This can help increase review conversions.

With a few tweaks, you’ll likely see more bookings and engagement. Best of luck!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Dwayne-A9, I hope everything is going well with you.

Our experienced hosts have shared some great suggestions. Have you had a chance to read them? Have you thought about adding some keywords to the title and photos? 💡

Keep us posted! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad