Your 20% offer’s been sent to guests!

Answered!
John6764
Level 1
Tauranga, New Zealand

Your 20% offer’s been sent to guests!

I have just gone on line with Airbnb and have received the above message where we offer a 20% discount to 3 guest. Why ? I have struck this before with VRBO. I can't see the business plan in this. 

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @John6764 

It looks like you didn't see that as a newbie you were enrolled into their new host promotion where your first three guests get a 20% discount.  You can opt out of this by the way.  In the link below you will find an explanation on this particular promotion:

https://www.airbnb.fr/d/promotions-you-can-apply?

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@John6764 when you st up your listing you would have been given the option to switch this off. Equally you can switch it off now.

It is however worth doing as the biggest boost in the Airbnb search engine is getting bookings so anything that helps that is good business.

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @John6764 

It looks like you didn't see that as a newbie you were enrolled into their new host promotion where your first three guests get a 20% discount.  You can opt out of this by the way.  In the link below you will find an explanation on this particular promotion:

https://www.airbnb.fr/d/promotions-you-can-apply?

All the best

Joëlle

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 and @Joelle43 for the advice!

@John6764 I hope this helped you understand what happened better, but if you need more help please do let us know. That aside, how are things going with your listing so far? 😊

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

John6764 It is written up in your dashboard. Get to know your dashboard. When you begin a 20 percent discount is offered and you are marked as 'new' . This is also accompanied by a boosting of your listing in the algorithymn. If you have currently added other weekly or monthly discounts then I suggest you remove them in the short term .Or for your first three bookings , not guests, or add an extra 20 per cent cost manually so that you are not out of pocket, another thing , change your profile pic ,because although its cute it does not show 'the hosts ' and if guests are being asked for ID then they expect to also see their hosts face. a little more due diligance in the area of 'setting rules ' and reading your dashboard , communicating with guests ,before arrival , will put you in the drivers seat of your listing , more firmly rather than allowing yourself to be taken advantage of . you should have read some of these things  Good Luck..... H