Your listing will be removed Oct 26

Howard103
Level 2
Aguada, Puerto Rico

Your listing will be removed Oct 26

Dear Community

We've been hosting for nine years. We have a beach house on top of the water in Western Puerto Rico. This listing is six years old, has 425 reviews, and a cumulative rating of 4.65. I recently received a 1-star rating because the electricity was down. The electricity grid in Puerto Rico is notoriously unstable. I also received a 3-star review for a false a/c connector being loose after Hurricane Ernesto, which was resolved instantly after they checked out.  We are very passionate AirBNB hosts.  We have hundreds of 5-star reviews for every low-rated review. Our house next door is also a guest favorite, with a 4.9 rating and 113 reviews. Over every 1-star review, we have hundreds of 5-star reviews. And we just invested in a new generator for the house. I think it's unfair to focus on a few recent data points vs the total body of 6 years' worth of work. This listing for the last 365 days has 4.7 stars, meaning mostly  5-star reviews. I hope someone here or the powers at be at Airbnb can show us some compassion and empathy and help with the situation. 

3 Replies 3
Howard103
Level 2
Aguada, Puerto Rico

We just received this today on our appeal. "After a full review of your appeal, we’ve determined that the information available to us does not qualify your listing to have the violation(s) removed. Your appeal has been denied, and we will uphold the original outcome to remove your listing for not following our ground rules for Hosts."

Howard103
Level 2
Aguada, Puerto Rico

We have quite a few bookings from November to January. What am I supposed to tell them? Am I still expected to host them?

James321
Level 3
Huron, OH

Absolutely absurd. If you are unlucky enough to get a few bad guests in a span of a few months and those bad guests

leave you bad reviews, you will get your listing suspended or removed. It makes literally no sense at all. We too have been hosts for about as long as you. It’s really sad to see what Airbnb has become. 4.64 is not a horrible rating. 1 vengeful and retaliatory 1 star review even if untrue will knock you down several points. And of course Airbnb won’t help remove any retaliatory reviews even though they are supposed to. It’s a shame that we are losing good properties and good hosts to bad guests and Airbnb is okay with it. I wish you luck my friend, but based on how low Airbnb has gone downhill in the last 3-4 years, Im not holding my breath.