black dot symbol on calendar

Dianne256
Level 2
Sawtell, Australia

black dot symbol on calendar

Black dots have recently appeared on my calendar. Can anyone tell me why? They are on random dates- some that have bookings, others that don't.

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Dianne256 There are other threads on this. If you are on a computer there is a ? that explains what the symbol is. You will find it above the dates on your calendar

Here is the explanation https://airbnbase.com/black-dots/

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Antra12 The article explains an arrow symbol not sadly the black (or in my case red) dots

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Jane0 Red dots = low booking probability = lower the price!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Helen350 So in other words - Ignore all dots (red or otherwise)

I’ve expanded on ignoring the rude little dots below. 

Laura2714
Level 9
Cottonwood, AZ

Technology does things that only annoying people do. 

This is useless information,  ESPECIALLY if the date is already. 

But, if the room is already booked, how will I use this information in a useful way ?

Is Airbnb suggesting I cancel the booked reservation and rebook the room at a higher price to a different guest ?

As far, as nights that haven’t been booked and letting me know, I can raise the price. That’s why I use smart-booking. Isn’t smart booking supposed to automatically adjust the price to match market demand ?

Why do I have smart-pricing ? 

If I’m using smart-pricing why would I need this ?

I can see letting a host know that a blocked date is in high demand. Though I’d ASK if they want or need the added information. 

I don’t find the information these dots provide useful. I find the mess it makes with too much information on my calendar annoying. 

The future of technology is NOT giving people more useless information, they don’t want and haven’t requested.