front cover photo

GoldenMoon0
Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT

front cover photo

What is the best room to have your cover photo be? 

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It really depends on your type of listing. But you should have a photo of yourself as the host on your profile - it instils trust @GoldenMoon0 

I agree! 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@GoldenMoon0 If you mean by 'cover photo' the first one that shows up in an Airbnb listing that should be an  outside view of your place.

@Fred13 ,

I have to agree 100% that if you have a picture of a great visual of the outside of the property. With meeting some of my guests and the feedback I received from other the majority they state that is was the picture of my property that drawn them in. Of course I have many photos as well of all the other 'pluses' of my place  which has receives many compliments and suggested why they booked.

Though if it's a condo or an apartment I agree with Joan 2709 that if one has an ocean view or pool show if at it's finest. Umbrellas open, some activity. 

There is an AirBnB near me that a friend of mine recently commented on that the picture is a scam, showing them on a beautiful river front where actually they are on a non-navigable channel. The guest there are charged triple then what I charge and the guest are not happy when they arrive but the guest keep coming. 

Exactly @Bettye6 . Use the first 5 photos as a broad quick representation of one's place, to draw the viewer to look further.

I'd say your favorite photo, best space or amenity that you offer for your listing. 

Hi @GoldenMoon0 !

I agree with the other hosts, I would consider having a photo of you (not a property name) in your profile photo. We ask guests to provide their photo for security reasons. Guests might wonder why you don't have a profile photo? 

Cover Photo

Great photos btw! Since both your properties are rental units in larger buildings, an exterior shot of the property should be included in your photos, but probably not the cover photo, unless it has a great amenity like the pool photo on property one.Golden Moon 2.png

Property One

The pool photo is a good choice on the 1st property. Anything with water (pool, hot tub, lake) are always good. I would try to get a photo of the pool showing the umbrellas open and a bit more activity. It kinda looks "dormant". I would also try taking another photo of the pool at twilight or nighttime with all the lights on in the area. You can swap out the 2 different photos of the pool and see which one does better.

Property Two

I would swap out the living room photo and make the kitchen photo below as your cover. It's a beautiful kitchen that is fully-equipped and would entice more clicks I believe. Not every listing has such a nice kitchen. The living room photo should be kept in the rest of your photos, but not as your cover photo. 

Golden Moon 1.png

Try these changes out and see how it goes? Give it 2-3 weeks to see if you get an increase in bookings. If not, try something else. 

Best wishes going forward!