garbage & recycling pick-up reminders

Answered!
Karie28
Level 1
California, United States

garbage & recycling pick-up reminders

Hello-

I am looking for a solution to automate a reminder for my guests to take the garbage and recycling bins to the curb on Monday mornings. Is there a way that an automated message can be triggered by the day of the week? I have the instructions in the hard-copy guest manual, but people rarely look at it unless they're looking for an answer to something else. There have been many instances where garbage and recycling doesn't get emptied because the guest did not read my message in time. Any suggestions? 

1 Best Answer

@Breanna , @Karie28 

There are only 3 settings for Scheduled Messages as far as timing goes. Booking, Check-in, Check-out. Adding a day of the week would be nice, so providing feedback to Airbnb to add that option can't hurt. 😊

In the mean time, most waste management companies have a text feature that you can sign up for to remind you of pickup. Some Hosts create a Quick Reply for trash/recycling reminders. When the Host gets the text reminder from their trash/recycling company, they either paste it in the Quick Reply and send to guest, or attach a screen shot to the Quick Reply as an image. These companies also have pickup schedule calendars that you can copy from their website and use that in your Quick Reply. Something like:

"Hi {Guest Name]

Hope you're having a fantastic stay! Just a quick reminder that trash & recylcing pickup is tomorrow. We would greatly appreciate your placing your trash & recycling in the bins provided this evening in preparation of pickup tomorrow. 

- Then attach image of reminder text or screen shot of pickup calendar.

3 Types of Scheduled Messages.png

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

An interesting query to be sure @Karie28 

@Joan2709 are you aware of anything that could be set up to send automatic messages based on the day of the week?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Karie28 , there's a spot in your inbox that allows you to send scheduled messages. Not sure if you can specify the day of, but I send one the day after check-in. At worst, you can send an automated message to remind them of the schedule.

You can get to it by clicking into your inbox and then the 3 parallel lines on the left side of the screen.

Hope that helps

@Breanna , @Karie28 

There are only 3 settings for Scheduled Messages as far as timing goes. Booking, Check-in, Check-out. Adding a day of the week would be nice, so providing feedback to Airbnb to add that option can't hurt. 😊

In the mean time, most waste management companies have a text feature that you can sign up for to remind you of pickup. Some Hosts create a Quick Reply for trash/recycling reminders. When the Host gets the text reminder from their trash/recycling company, they either paste it in the Quick Reply and send to guest, or attach a screen shot to the Quick Reply as an image. These companies also have pickup schedule calendars that you can copy from their website and use that in your Quick Reply. Something like:

"Hi {Guest Name]

Hope you're having a fantastic stay! Just a quick reminder that trash & recylcing pickup is tomorrow. We would greatly appreciate your placing your trash & recycling in the bins provided this evening in preparation of pickup tomorrow. 

- Then attach image of reminder text or screen shot of pickup calendar.

3 Types of Scheduled Messages.png