help with writing a listing

Jo-Anne27
Level 2
Hamilton, VA

help with writing a listing

This may be redundant.  My previous message may not have gone through.  I am having a hard time writing my listing.  My time is much better spent preparing my listing.  Does anyone have experiencing hiring someone to help you write your listing.  I know that service is out there but I am looking for word of mouth recommendations verses an internet search.  

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jo-Anne27 

Your previous message also was posted.

May try to find a co-host in your area, you can search other hosts in your neighbourhood on the Airbnb platform and ask one or two for help. ("contact the host" link on their listings)

Or maybe you are lucky and somebody in this community is living in your area and will respond....

What difficulties do you experience when  creating a listing ?

THank you. I have probably read to many articles on how to write a listing.  I just need to realize I can edit later and it many not be perfect.  Thank you for your advice.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jo-Anne27   What were the words that attracted you to the listings you have stayed at?  Think of that as your guideline.  In any event, start with a simple, basic description.  If a shared accommodation, something like "Large bedroom with queen size bed, writing desk and access to private, unshared bath with shower".    If a whole house accommodation, "Two bedroom 2 bath condo with fully stocked kitchen, dining area and comfortable seating for 4 in  living room with smart 45" TV and WIFI."

Over time you can come back and add wording to describe new amenities and feature the things that your guests have liked about your accommodation.  Don't worry about having a flowery, wordy description.  As many hosts will tell you, guests don't read.  They look at the pictures (no open toilets please) and the price.  Good luck!

Great advice.  I think I can pretty accurately describe the space.  I am just hung up on some of the wording because as I said in an earlier post I have read so many articles on how to do it right, I am afraid of making mistakes.  I think the photos will speak for themselves.  Thanks again and I love this forum.  Airbnb is not helpful at all when I call.

@Jo-Anne27 Accuracy is important. You don’t want to create guest confusion, annoyance, disappointment and so on. This will be reflected in the reviews and not a good way to start off. Focus on getting that part right and the descriptive wording that may be eluding you atm will come more naturally to you later on. Make sure your photos are the best quality you can manage, and that they also are an accurate representation of the space.