Tier 3 guests

Lynn1239
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Tier 3 guests

Hi,  I have just received a booking for the 30 Oct from guests who live in a Tier 3 area. I have messaged them to query if this is correct, as they should not be travelling  to a Tier 1 area, where I have my cottage. Where do I stand on cancelling this booking, without jeopardising my chance of superhost status in the future?

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lynn1239 If you are on Instant Book you can cancel the reservation with no penalty. Probably best to call Airbnband say you are not comfortable with the booking.

Gemma171
Level 2
Harbertonford, United Kingdom

I am just as concerned about this as you. Airbnb is basically enabling people to flout restrictions?. 

ive had to close my room or risk having to cancel and argue everything each time. I work with vulnerable people.

not impressed 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gemma171 I suggest you change your rules if you don't want people from tier 2 or 3. Technically they can travel legally anywhere except Wales.

Helen2056
Level 2
Bradwell, United Kingdom

Helen2056
Level 2
Bradwell, United Kingdom

Why doesn't Airbnb check the location of guest's and either warn us or block the booking.

It's too late when it's been accepted. I take all contact details as soon as the booking is confirmed, but that's too late.

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

A couple of weeks ago I had an IB for 2 guests  arriving that night.  I called them 2 confirm they were from the same household and they advised that they were actually a 3rd party booking on behalf of colleagues working in the area.   

I told them that I didnt take:3rd party bookings nor could I take guests from 2 households.  As it was a same day booking they couldn’t cancel without penalty so I spent an hour on hold to CS.

They advised that it should be listed in your house rules  if you can only accept one household but I stated my case for the 3rd party booking but they dinged my stats and blocked the calendar., 🤔