5 stars rating reform Proposal

Patrice497
Level 1
Paris, France

5 stars rating reform Proposal

Dear Hosts,

If your last 20 reviews are 5 stars, shouldn't that prove you have perfectly addressed the issues pointed out in your early days?

I find it ridiculous to be penalized for an issue that has already been solved for years.

All these 4.99-star ratings are not making any sense, as they are still not viewed as flawless.

So, we should run a petition to reform this rating system by only considering the last 20 or even 30 reviews in the rating.

If you agree, please react to this post to make this change happen. Together, we can raise the issue and ensure the rating system accurately reflects our current performance.

Best Regards

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry I don't agree I think guests and hosts should have access to all reviews and ratings @Patrice497 

I have had solid five star reviews for three years but still show at 4.97 I don't think any guests would care that you are at 4.99 rather than 5 stars. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Patrice497 Interestingly, in the UK, we have a short term rental provider called Cottages.com who do just what you are suggesting. They remove all reviews over 12 (or 24) moths old. As such our critical review of a place we stayed informing future guests that the onsite car parking was actually 300m away has been lost. I guess I am saying leave well alone especially as most guests look at the review comments over the minutia of the score.