1 million posts later...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

1 million posts later...

Celebration.jpg

Hello everyone,

You guessed it, we’ve made it to 1,000,000 posts here in the Community Center (did any of you spot it?). What an amazing achievement and it just shows how much we all enjoy a good chat! 

Thinking on this it takes me back to when the Community Center was first launched at the Airbnb Open in Paris, November 2015. 1,000,000 posts later, and we can look back on the many amazing conversations and friendships we have created over the past 3 and a half years.

What has been your favourite discussion here? For me, I really enjoy the community spotlights and personal stories shared, and also, as many of you know I am a fan of sustainability so I love all the green tips. There has been many fun moments together. 

A huge thank you to all of you.

Lizzie, Quincy & Stephanie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

63 Replies 63
Ute42
Level 10
Germany

My favourite post is the so called „chicken wing case“ by Mo56 in Vanderbilt. Guest spent a night in jail after having too many beers along with his chicken menue. Read paragraph No. 2.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Basic-Requirements-amp-Review-of-Guest-Re-Sensitive-Situ...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It certainly is funny what we remember isn't it, @Ute42! hehe - It sure does make you think, who knows where your night will end up, when you head out for chicken wings...

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Lizzie @Ute42 

My favourite ever post was @Ute42's "Guantanamo" 🙂

I'm leaning towards the current hosts whose guests wanted to know the make and model of the appliances before they booked. And the second host who got the same request. 🙂

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

One million posts - amazing!

However 387,845.7 of the posts were regarding the topic ''how much having 'Location' as a review category is a bad idea.)

Hi @Elena87 

I have a bookmark section called "airbnb comedy".

I've just added Your post right there.

Just curious, how many in this 1,000,000 are from hosts who strongly oppose the recent unsafe "no quest photo" policy? I have written and read many 1,000s of posts from unhappy, angry hosts- yet we go unheard...

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Lizzie 

Congrats to you and to all Community Managers, @Quincy an @Stephanie ! It is amazing!

Now I cant help asking - I would like to know who was the one who posted the post number 1.000.000 ! 🙂

@J-Renato0 

There should be a prize for the millionth post, in a Willy Wonka Golden Ticket way.

Either an invitation to join the 'super strict 60 days' cancellation club or perhaps a years subscription for the airbnb magazine.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Elena87

I completely agree... The poster who did the milionth post should be given a great prize!

30 days free stay on the listing that the poster would book ! Any listing, any price! 

First class air ticket should be included  as well!

@Lizzie , what about passing this suggestion along to be the prize to the one who post the post number 2.000.000? 🙂

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Another interesting thing!

I have also noticed that, the largest "shareholders" of this community are @Sarah977 with 0,73% of the posts, @ Branka & Silvia 0,5% and @ Robin4 with 0,56%.

@J-Renato0 

@Sarah977  is not the largest shareholder.

We have a CC-Member in Germany who published more that 10,000 posts.

2019-07-03 Till largest shareholder publish.jpg

@Lizzie  , do You know of anyone who can beat that?

aahh @J-Renato0  I should get a life.... maybe in a relationship with a local exterminator as suggested in another post  😄

@Ute42  I created just a few posts, but commented on many

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

You are confusing something. If You open a new topic this is called a thread. If You write an answer to an existing thread this is called an answer. But they are both counted as posts.