Feedback on Superhost criteria

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Feedback on Superhost criteria

Superhost 1.pngHello everyone,

As you know I share a lot of your feedback with Airbnb teams.

The Superhost team is currently evaluating the Superhost criteria. They’ve been hearing a lot of feedback from hosts both here in the Community Center and during research sessions. Here are some of the things they’re considering:

1. Number of trips: 10 trips OR 150 nights in the past 365 days, instead of 10 trips currently
  2. Number of cancellations: 0 cancellations in the past 25 reservations (with a max of 1 cancellation per year), instead of 0 cancellations in the past 365 days currently
  3. Average overall rating: Exclude one outlier low-review in the past 365 days from the evaluation

They would like to hear directly from you on these potential changes:

• What do you think about these changes?
  • Are these changes easy to understand?
  • Do these changes seem more fair to you as a host?
  • Do they motivate you to continue to work to become or remain a Superhost?

I will share the feedback you submit on THIS topic specifically with the Superhost team. These are not the only things the team is currently looking into, but they wanted to run these ideas by you first.

Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Lizzie

Legal disclaimer: By selecting "Post", you agree to share your ideas publicly and without any expectation of confidentiality or compensation of any kind. While Airbnb welcomes your contributions, Airbnb may be working independently on similar policies, products, or features, and may choose to review and/or implement your ideas in its sole discretion. You also agree that the https://www.airbnb.com/terms and https://www.airbnb.com/terms/privacy_policy apply to your use of this and all Community Center pages.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

138 Replies 138
Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

This new rating criteria is an improvement.  I recently experienced how it works with my SuperHost review and my stats now read 5 stars overall. However this data has not migrated to my 2 guesthouse listings. Both of them still show the same ratings unchanged from a year ago i.e. 4.85 and 4.77. That 4.77 is a result of a 1 star review cast by a drug dealer who booked my place for one night and intentionally sabotaged my business.  The damage took a year to recover. Please explain why my hard earned ratings of 5 star overall and zero cancellations and responses in one hour 100% rate still do not present to my listings. 

Susan
Barry28
Level 1
Mill Valley, CA

Is this the place  to provide feedback on superhosts criteria? I see the dates are from last year. Where's the current place to offer feedback to the airbnb superhost criteria group? Thanks.

@Barry28  There is no "Airbnb Superhost criteria group".

You give feedback directly to Airbnb by going to the Help section of their main site and filling out a feedback form.

This forum is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not directly monitored by Airbnb, although the forum moderators will often ping issues over to customer service.

Faruk38
Level 2
Gold Coast, Australia

..but  this is like a black hole where everything seems to be disappear when they get to the event-horizon.  It would be great if we can see all the posts ideas and if any progress  on them.  We all want to improve Airbnb 🙂