First Live Q&A with Donna Boyer, Director of Product

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

First Live Q&A with Donna Boyer, Director of Product

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to share some very exciting news with you. We will be hosting our first Live Q&A session, exclusively here in the Community Center on Monday, June 19th at 12pm PST (San Francisco time).

[To make sure you are aware in your different times zones: 3pm EST (New York time) / 8pm BST (London time) / 5am AEST (Sydney time-June 20th)]

You might be asking yourself, what is a Live Q&A? In simple words, a Live Q&A is a live online event in which members of our Community will have the opportunity to ask questions to an individual from Airbnb, basically like an interview. During the Live Q&A this person will try to answer as many questions as possible in the allocated time. Sounds exciting, no?

So, who will be our first guest for our Live Q&A? It’s going to be Donna Boyer 🙂

Donna

Donna is Director of Product at Airbnb where she leads the Product Team focused on host experience. In addition to being a Superhost, Donna is a mother of two and has spent over 20 years empowering product teams, leading product at Hyperion Solutions, Yahoo!, RMG Networks, Callaway Digital Arts and Blurb. Donna also serves on the board of Girls in Tech, a non-profit focused on the engagement, education and empowerment of girls and women who are passionate about technology.

The Live Q&A will be a global event across all our Communities, so if you see another member asking questions in a different language – don’t be surprised and enjoy the diversity of our Community. We’ll do our best to give you a provisional translation during the event, so that you are able to follow the discussion.

Take out your calendar and set a reminder to be part of our first Live Q&A session, which is going to take place on Monday, June 19th at 12pm PST (please see above for a guide on what time this is in different timezones). Don’t miss it! 🙂

The following link will bring you directly to our Live Thread. Please note that the Live Thread will only be open for questions when the Q&A starts.

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

93 Replies 93

Penny,

Go into your reservation and click on the tab to change your reservation.

This quite possibly allow you to add additional guests.

James

Penny74
Level 2
Gunnislake, United Kingdom

I've tried many times to set my charges,   first I set my nightly rate for 1 person at £30 per night, then I click £20 for 2nd Guest, and then £15 for third guest,  when I check the box that tell you what your guest pays the charge is just for £30 nighly charge.  when I first started using airbnb I had a booking for 3 people who booked for 2 nights at that time I thought I was charging £25 per person per night, when I got confirmation I was expected to accommodate 3 people for 2 nights for £50 which was unaceptable from our point of view

One possible suggest is to set the room rate for the maximum # of guests.

If you have one guest of three it still takes time to clean up after them.

More towels, more sheets, more hot water and supplies.

One additional suggestion is to do several listings.

James

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know, the Live Q&A with Donna Boyer is due to start now. To ask your question, click here: Live Q&A.

[Please note, only questions asked in the specific live Q&A thread will be seen by Donna]

I hope you enjoy the session. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.