New addition to the Community Center Team!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New addition to the Community Center Team!

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a great week.

It has been a while since we have had any changes or new additions to the Community Center Team, so I'm very pleased to share with you some exciting news! Joining @Quincy and I as a Community Manager here,  is (drum-roll please), @Stephanie

Please give Stephanie a warm welcome and make her feel at home.

Thanks everyone,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

29 Replies 29
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the introduction @Lizzie! It's an absolute pleasure to join all of you here on the Airbnb CC! I'll be here to support our English speaking team and I'm super excited to get cracking!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter World.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I love to stay and experience unique and qwerky things. I have recently stayed in a Hobbit-hole in the North of Wales!
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat and dog, though the cat truly is the master of the home. 

I've already been checking out some of your content and accommedations, and I'm blown away by the spirit and creativity you all showcase. Please feel free to reach out to me for a chat; I'll be elated to talk with you!

Many thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Welcome to this Community Board.  If you find people interesting, this position will NEVER be boring 😄

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Linda0, I've been in giggling at some of the posts on here. What a wonderful spectrum of people!

-----

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Stephanie G'day and Welcome. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Cheers @Christine1! I have to say, your profile picture is very cute! And your accommodations look spectacular, too!

-----

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Stephanie oh, that's funny, she is my co-host and  better looking too!. Just my token solidarity with hosts who are troubled by the profile issue, and it serves to alert guests to the pets on premises. 

Happy day. Hope it's another good one.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie 

Firstly, re: 

• I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest....'

It's puzzling, because your profile is remiss of a single review. This is in marked contrast to Lizzie who currently has 13 Reviews, including with her partner Daniel.

So, one can best speculate you may have a separate account as a Guest?

Similarly I wonder about Quincy.

To put it in perspective. Prior to the global forum, we used to have localised groups. The most successful for London, was London Host Community Hub. It was Moderated by 3 people, all three being Hosts, and most specifically, Live-In Hosts which seemed entirely compatible with the original Airbnb ideal of Home-Share. -- The Current 'Cities' alternative is barely populated and used. 

More significantly, Airbnb has evolved into something far beyond it's original ideal. Beyond the unpopular photo 'profile issue' referred to by Christine;  the main twist and jist of it that Airbnb has swamped the market with Corporate listings / Agents / Management Companies / Hotels. With it has began a gradual introduction of 0% Service Fee to Guests booking with some of these agents; conversely, raising S.F. to upto 20% for Guests booking with Private Hosts.

It's hardly a level-playing field.

Thus many traditional Hosts who consider themselves at the core of the company, find this evolution deeply disturbing, as if the company is intending to marginalize or eradicate us altogether.. Consequently, much of what you will read and moderate isn't pleasurable, but quite frightening really.

You will find some far more knowledgable hosts than myself. Indeed, a few have done considerable research, and at least one is currently writing a book, that is likely to be a most  illuminating read.

Best Wishes! 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Stephanie I hope you’ll

enjoy your time on the boards 🙂 

wishing you all the best!

Paul 🙂 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Hello @Stephanie0, and welcome aboard.

Two things caught my eye on your profile. Despite the fact I been to England no less than 15 times and being an ardent student of English History, I had no idea a town in England was indeed named Rugby. A 'fun' fact I will surely use in some future social setting, that should draw some trivia applause. LoL

Secondly, you being a serious game-playing enthusiast. I been one for the last 3 decades and presentl;y playing the online game version of 'Lord of the Rings'. Gaming is indeed fun!. 

Again, welcome.

Welcome! I second the fun fact statement @Fred13. I had no idea that a town in England was named Rugby!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ha ha, thank you Daniel! It's almost the dead center of England. It was invented by a chap named William Webb Ellis. The tongue in cheek version of the story was he ignored the handball call from the referee and carried on running!

-----

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Fred0 - if you ever fancy the grand tour of Rugby I'd be happy to oblidge. We actually have Dunchurch village as part of Rugby, which contains the house where Shakespeare was born. 

Fantastic to meet a fellow gamer, I fell off of LOTR:O a few years ago, unfortunately. I'm a huge Tolkeinite, too!

-----

The game changed a lot in the last few years, I returned lately (after a 5-year hiatus) and was most pleasantly surprised.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Fred13  Perhaps it’s time I take my old hobbit back out for a wander!

-----