New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250
Lidia94
Level 2
Richards Bay, South Africa

Hi.  I have been on Airbnb for a month now, and was very excited about it when I got 3 reservations in my first month. I love doing it.  I am a pensioner and love gardening, sewing, and anything creative. My husband and I take care of the house on behalf of my sister. I am still finding my way, especially around communication, but must say that I had extraordinary circumstances with my nephew passing away, so I was out of town when my guests arrived. The community is very helpful - I have found lots of answers from replies to previous questions.

Dan397
Level 1
New York, NY

Hi all! Just joining in, I’m actually looking for a place to offer a suggestions to Airbnb on a feature. Anyone know where the correct place would be? I’m not a big fan of the new host monthly calendar layout but really liked the old one, I want to recommend they offer a “Switch to classic calendar” button, or even a set of formatting tools to customize it a bit. Cheers!

-Dan

Giang11
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Hello, I’m Giang and new to the Airbnb world. I’m applying everything I’ve learned from being a host in the nightlife industry to Airbnb. I’m pretty excited and cannot wait to discover the rest of the world with many other great hosts.

David2252
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

hi, i've been hosting for about 3 years. we rent out a room in our 1920s home in mid city los angeles. i'm a career musician, and my wife, rebecca is an educator, working on a phd at king's college, london. i have a studio here in our house and am always making music. i also love gardening and cooking. we sometimes invite our airbnb guests to have dinner with us. we enjoy meeting people from all over the globe.

Michelle901
Level 2
Altadena, CA

Hello.  My name is Michelle and we just started hosting in Altadena, CA.  It has been going great and I am really excited about it.  I am quickly on my way to Superhost and interested in learning and potentially expanding our Airbnb investments over time.  

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Michelle901,

You've come to the right place in this case :-). There's a lot of helpful information created by hosts in the Community Center!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Alyria0
Level 3
Aurora, CO

Hello, everyone!

We live just east of Denver in Aurora, Co. We are excited to be offering our on-property guest house as an Airbnb rental. We just listed less than a week ago and we are booking up fast! It's very exciting but we are also nervous, we want to make sure we are doing everything correctly and that our guests will love our home. 

Thanks!

Alyria

Nylene0
Level 2
Garden Bay, Canada

Hello, I am new to the forum , I started hosting almost a year ago. I have two spaces, a Rustic cabin which has been listed the longest and a 3 bdrm vacation cottage. We are NOT fancy but we are fantastic. Im looking for advice or even a template for a house manual. A friendly house manual. I dont actually believe many people will read it, but I want to make sure I've covered everything. 

Robyn37
Level 2
Brisbane City, Australia

Hi all, I am new to the forum, but have been hosting for a few years and love it. We have a place on Fraser Island in Queensland - The Happy Gecko Villa.  I am keen to link up with environmental groups on AirBnB as our place in on a world heritage island and taking care of the environment is a passion - where do I start?

cheers

Robyn

Paul-and-Annette0
Level 2
Devonport, Australia

Hello.  We are new to Airbnb and live in the north west of Tasmania Australia.  Tasmania is the size of France but we only have 450,000 people on our Island. 

We have the cleanest water on the planet (according to a scientific study) and love our tank water.  The air is also very pure and clean due to our large forests. 

The southern part of our State is much more populated than the north due to Hobart, the capital, being there. 

We live 15 minutes outside of Devonport on 3 acres semi-rural.  It is very quiet and beautiful.  We are up high with a large forest at the back of us and look out at the distant ocean.  To the west we can see lots of patchwork vegetable farms.  

Devonport has a ferry service to Melbourne, on the mainland, and the trip takes 12 hours.  You can book a cabin and enjoy a meal at the restaurant on board.  The ferry also accommodates vehicles and freight.

We get many tourists coming over in their motor homes and with their caravans.  We also have a small airport (no jets).  Launceston is 1 hour and 20 minutes away where you can take a jet to mainland Australia.

Probably the most famous tourist attraction, in our area, is Cradle Mountain.  We both volunteer at a tourist information centre near the gateway to Cradle Mountain and enjoy meeting people from all over the world.  

We have had 2 lots of guests so far and it has been an enjoyable experience.  The first were from Germany on work visas and the second from Japan also on work visas.  We love learning about different cultures and where our guests live.

It is great to have this Community on Airbnb for hosts as we have much to learn.

Best wishes to all from Annette and Paul

Girinshuti0
Level 2
Kigali, Rwanda

Hello Airbnb Community,

We are almost new to this community but we are very excited to meet new people from all around the world!

Rwanda is the cleanest country in Est Africa, peacefully and it has many areas to invest in. 

Rwanda has also many touristic areas like national parks, gorillas parks, volcanoes, mountain forests,  mountains for hiking, five bigs animals....

The weather is so good 

My wife and I with our two daughters are staying together with our guests in our twin house.

But we respect the privacy of our guests.

You're most welcome in the land of thousands hills "Rwanda".

Eustacia1
Level 1
Belize City, Belize

Hi my name is Jessica and I am new to Airbnb and I am very happy to join Airbnb and ready to host my first guest in Palmdale Los angeles,california

Kafeel0
Level 2
Bengaluru, India

Hi, I am Kafeel from Kashmir. I am new to Airbnb. I am too excited to see all of you lovely guys to share their experiences. I welcome all me guests with all warmeth and love.. 🙂

Martin-and-Ingrid0
Level 4
Oeiras, Portugal

@Barbara-and-Glenn0, that was also my question. Thanks @Clara0 to answer that question.

We are Martin & Ingrid. New hosts. We live in Portugal, close to Lisbon. Opened our guesthouse a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe our eyes when we were almost fully booked for May 3 days later. Insane!!

Until now we have had 4 couples as guests. Fortunately all very nice people who left our house in impecable state. I have been reading different stories here on the AirBnB community.

Ingrid

Lynda97
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Hi 

I’m Lynda and I started hosting via Airbnb about 3years ago. I enjoyed hosting so much that with my husband Per, we have recently opened a bed and breakfast on beautiful Phillip Island, Victoria, Australia. 

My challenge has been advertising the three rooms on Airbnb... the limitation of the booking platform means the three rooms need to be advertised separately and this causes inconsistencies in the prices as recommended by Airbnb.

My main issue is how do prevent the listings becoming “lost”? 

Kind regards

Lynda

ps we have a gorgeous corgi called Ruby!