New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kimberly200,

Welcome to the Community Center!

Have you had a chance to explore the Community Center already? There's a lot of helpful information to find!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi, I’m Sylvia and it’s now exactly a month since I started hosting here in Nairobi, Kenya. It has been a great experience so far with the two guests and still learning the loops. Glad to meet y’all 😊

Denise429
Level 2
North Carolina, United States

Hi Sylvia,

Congratulations!  I'm new to hosting too, here in North Carolina.  Would love to visit Kenya one day.  Wishing you great success!

Charlie154
Level 2
Cashel, Ireland

I have just got notification that I have been awarded super host, hard work and effort paying off.

Charlie

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Charlie154,

Welcome to the Community!

Congratulations on achieving the Superhost status!!! 

Here's where you can find the other Superhosts who are also celebrating this! https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Welcoming-all-Superhosts/td-p/720188.

I hope to see you around :-). 

-----

Rachel367
Level 6
Espoo, Finland

Cheers to all the superhosts.

More challenges ahead and more work to succeed.

I am a French lady living in far up Finland. Our location in Nuuksio gives the guests the possibility to enjoy the wild  famous nature as well as the bussling summer life in Helsinki

I love to introduce international guests to the finnish culture and habits and hosting them at the best I can.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Rachel367,

Welcome!

Congratulations on achieving the Superhost status—woohoo! 

Here's where you can find the other Superhosts who are also celebrating this! https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Welcoming-all-Superhosts/td-p/720188.

Happy hosting!

-----

Mike-And-Trish0
Level 2
Pensacola, FL

Hello, I am Trisha from Pensacola, FL... we had used Airbnb since 2014 as travelers, at the time we had a teen daughter and I thought our trips would be more pleasant if she had a room to herself instead of all of us sharing one hotel room, I know in New Orleans it's a great deal because the hotels charge so much for parking, so it was a win all the way around.

In 2017 our teen started college, a private art college which equates to high tuition (sad face). We had a guest cottage that we were using as a meeting place for my daughter and her friends, and my art studio. Since our daughter was away at school, I started to look around on Airbnb at the places available in my neighborhood and I thought "we could do this!"

It took us about 4 mos to get the place together and July 2 we started hosting, and July was booked up in about 4 days. Our spaces is really more for couples, and our neighborhood is great, we are in walking distance to some great restaurants, and the beach is less than 8 miles away. We have met the nicest people, all of our guests have been great! I am a total introvert, so this has def. pushed me out of my comfort zone, but it's a great way to earn extra money and meet people.

Robert1110
Level 2
Lake Worth, FL

My name is Rob and I am a host in beautiful south Florida. I have only been hosting since November but I have been pretty successful so far. I would love to raise some capital and purchase a second home. I am a military man and have lived all over the world but now call Florida home. I love the beaches and the ocean and prefer to live on island time. I still be a full time job so Itbcan be a challenge to juggle Air BnB with my job. 

2in1-Kandy0
Level 2
Kandy, Sri Lanka

Hi

I am Mano (Manager) 2in1 Hostel in Kandy, Sri Lanka. I was working in the Sultanate of Oman since 1985 and now i am back to home country. I have visited Singhapore; Malaysia; India and New Zeland. I visited all these countries on a short period, and i enjoyed the trip.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Mike-And-Trish0 Hi - Its Clara also from Pensacola. I hope you will get active with us and join The Pensacola Host Club. I am your leader and have been hosting since last June - and its been a great year. We too have a cottage behind our home that was my massage therapy business spa for 15 yrs. Hope you'll be in touch and glad to see you as part of CC community center - its really a terrific place to learn loads of tips, helpful hints and stuff you will want to know.  Feel free to message me privately if you wanna connect or have questions. It's my goal for all of us to have the best Airbnb experience and keep everything correct with paying TDT taxes and making sure we keep our rights to do short term rentals as long as we can. Happy Hosting, Clara

Carolyn263
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi my name is Carolyn and I live in Edinburgh, I've only been hosting for a few weeks but already love it. 

I've always loved meeting new people and think I've secretly always wanted a b&b.

I own a house over the road from where I live and the long term tenant recently moved out, my friend suggested airbnb and I'm so glad she did.

It can be hard work sometimes changing all the beds with this  heatwave we've been having but worth it.

So far everyone I've met has been great and only 1 guest left the house dirty and untidy.

I love it so much I might even open up my house when/if the kids move out (I have 3 grown up sons).

As for travel I like to go on cruises so I can see lots of interesting places, but my friends daughter is training to be a pilot so I will hopefully be looking for airbnb's to stay in when I travel with her, when I was younger I would just jump on a train and see where it took me, must be the rebel in me.

My favourite place is Loch Lomond where I have a caravan and I  like to go there to escape from everything.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Carolyn263

Nice to meet you :-). 

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying being a host! I've lived in Edinburgh for a little while. It's probably very busy for you at the moment with the Fringe festival going on? 

One of my favourite places in Scotland is the Isle of Skye! 

-----

Munene0
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

My name is Munene. .From Nairobi Kenya where we have summer throughout the year.. I like driving and respect all

Kathy382
Level 2
Nanaimo, CA

Hi I am Kathy from Nanaimo.  I have been a Superhost just over one year and have been hosting just over two years.  I love meeting people and this allows me to in the comfort of my own home.  I have had repeats guests.  I love the feeling when you meet people you just have an instant connection with.