Take part in an Airbnb Research Study

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Take part in an Airbnb Research Study

----------Update July 4th, 2018 – this research study has now finished. Please keep an eye out for future opportunities to take part----------

Hello everyone,

We know many of you like to provide feedback on Airbnb features. Your thoughts and opinions help us make important improvements, and build smarter. That’s why we’d like to invite you to weigh in on how guest reservations should look in the future. Sound like fun?

The process is simple: if you’re a current Airbnb host, have a desktop or laptop computer and 15 minutes to spare, you can give it a whirl! We’ll collect feedback from 18 hosts and update this post once submissions are full.

The specifics:

We’ll provide a plugin to install in your browser that will record your screen, and your computer will need a built-in microphone so we can record your voice. As you follow instructions on your screen, we’ll show you our new concepts, and you’ll give feedback by speaking your thoughts aloud.

Ready to try it? Let’s go.

Instructions

1. Wait until you have 15 minutes to spare and are in a quiet, distraction-free place.
  2. Choose one of the three guest reservation experience versions below.
  3. Go through the instructions step by step, on the top-right of your screen.
  4. Share your feedback out loud. Don't be shy--we want to hear your thoughts! Your feedback will help us understand what does and doesn’t work for you.
  5. When you’re done answering each set of questions, click “begin this step” and then “next” to go to the next step.

Pick ONE of the three versions below:

*[Links hidden – this research study has now finished] 

Thanks for your help! Your feedback helps us make Airbnb better for all hosts.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

32 Replies 32
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ann10,

Thanks again for checking about this. As each of the links above go to a different version we don't want to impact your feedback by providing an overview of what you will see. Each of the versions are based on the guest reservation page so they are all have the same focus. With this in mind, please randomly pick one of the three and you will be off! 🙂

In terms of authentication, presently we have multi-factor authetication on Airbnb Accounts. This means if you log in from a new place or make a change to sensitive account information, we may ask for some information to help confirm it’s really you. You can find out more about this in this Help Center article, here. You can also check directly in your Airbnb Settings > Security the log history. 

In addition to this you can also send your suggestions at www.airbnb.co.uk/help/feedback with your suggestions. 

I hope this helps. Good luck with the study and thanks for doing this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Something Unexpected Happened

We apologize, an error has occurred and you cannot continue your test.

Please feel free to contact support to provide a brief description of what happened.

David
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh no, sorry to hear this happened, @David126. Were you able to complete the test in the end? 

Thanks for passing this on to me. I will let our Team know about this. 

--------------------

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I tried a few of the links at various times and never got past the message.

Half time in Denmark game coming up so will give it one more go.

Amusingly I could also not reply to your message.

David
Ann10
Level 10
New York, NY

At Lizzie-When did they implement the multifactor authentication? Somehow the hacker made them think they were me, so whatever was in place didn't work. When you have to get an email w a code or text or a phone call to your number w a code and put it in the system, there is no doubt that it is you. The article says they have that now, so maybe they got it since I was hacked. I didn't want to change my password to see if it really works, but maybe another day. 

Thank you for telling me about it. 🙂

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

I don't really want to have to install anything to do a survey, it makes it seem extra complicated, but then, I guess, that is the airbnb way, LOL.

Hello Lizzy

Installing the recorder was easy and so was getting rid of it.  I picked the first one and got through it fine.  I do not think that it is much different to what we have at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Cheers 

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

I can't imagine why anyone would bother with this.  Airbnb has made it clear on multiple occassions and even very recently that it will cherry-pick any advice it wants and ignore the overwhelming majority.

You have one or two threads now complaining about Airbnb customer service at the top of the forum threads at any given time now, clearly patience with the real issue is degrading fast....

Hosts, when companies ask for your feedback and then ignore it, don't waste your time continually providing feedback.

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie I DID IT -  and the @@@ works too.......It works and I'm pretty sure that most all of Airbnb works BEST with Google Chrome- which I have been using since I began one year ago because they suggested I use Google Chrome.

I picked #3 and it was terrific- gave so much info on the screen shot of the guest wishing to book. I think this would be heads above how it is NOW. 

I was glad to be part of this survey---- thanks Lizzie. Blessings, Clara

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lawrene0 YES, I think we have to have Google Chrome for all of the ABB stuff to work optimally. It was recommended when I began hosting a year ago.

That sounds crazy to disable anti virus---- no, I just had to install the microphone...simple. Happy Hosting, Clara

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

Hey one more thing..............you will get ERROR if using Reply............but if you use Join the conversation it seems to work, every time. Happy Hosting, Clara

Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Hi @Lizzie, is this a 'blind pick?' 

Door #1, Door #2, Door #3?  If I'm going to pick, it should be appropriate to whatever I can contribute!

Best,

Kim
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kimberly54,

Indeed, it is a lucky dip in a way! 🙂 They are all versions of the Guest Reservation page, so they are all based around the same focus. We don't really want to provide more information about each version, as this might influence your feedback. 

I wonder which lucky door your will pick? 🙂

Thanks so much for taking part in this Kim. I hope you find it fun.

Lizzie

--------------------

Arica1
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Finished the study but then could not upload the results. Kept erroring out, 3 times. Dang because my audio is HILARIOUS! 

Used a Windows 10 PC, Google Chrome, and fast WiFi (I'm a WiFi Engineer). Nada. 

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Lizzie

I did it and it worked flawlessly.  I do believe that you need to use Chrome as you need to install an extension.  It is pretty exciting to see what they could possibly come out with.  I was going to do numbers 1 and 2 but not sure if we are allowed.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host