What is your Airbnb Updates board feedback?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What is your Airbnb Updates board feedback?

Airbnb Updates.png

Hello everyone,

Earlier this year, we created a designated board here in the Community Center for Airbnb Updates (blog), to make it easier to find the latest Airbnb information in one place.

One of the things we noticed pretty quickly was that, like elsewhere in the CC, we were missing the ability to reply directly to a reply. Although this isn't really seen in conventional blogs, we decided to introduce this feature to this board and we hope this has made it easier for you to discuss points further.

As several months have now passed and in-light of the update I mention above, we would love to hear your thoughts on the Airbnb Updates board; how you are finding using it and if you feel more informed around updates. Perhaps there are things you really like or would like to see more of?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

27 Replies 27
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Ruth428  and @Evelyn115 for reply here about that. 

I spoke with the Product Team earlier and they are investigating and working on an update regarding this percentage results showing for the trip reviews. I've also seen that some hosts have said theirs has been updated and is back to normal, so it is moving in the right direction. 

As soon as I hear more about this, I will let you know and if you see any update on your account, do let me know, it's good to hear.

Thank you and I'm sorry you are experiencing this.

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi @Lizzie , thanks for this feedback round. I really appreciate having the opportunity to comment on blog entries now, but only if they can really add value to the community.

Actually in view of product / beta tests I experience on my listing and for sure others do as well, some difficulties getting bookings in.

Right now I don't really know where to address to , to highlight that pricing options (moderate, normal, ...) for customers actually lead in my case to a non booking choice.

To whom may I escalate this regarding the beta version I'm on? That would be great to get this experience back to the product managers in a focused way. Is the blog the right place, I don't know, but am convinced you guys find the right solution. Thanks a lot, Claudia   

Viele Grüsse,

Claudia

Outdoor and Relax in Black Forest

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Claudia2,

It's great to hear you like having the ability to comment on the updates. Are there particular topics in particular that you like having this ability to share your opinions?

In terms of your the difficulty you are having with your listing, would you be able to share a little more information? Perhaps you could start a new topic and see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing, I' happy to pass it back to the team, but perhaps others may have a way of helping this? 

Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Hi Lizzie, just opend a new topic here https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Circle/Guest-can-choose-which-price-to-pay-moderate-or-not-...

Link to showcase the described is integrated to the new topic.

Thanks to all for any hints on how to chnag ethese settings/ beta version test on listings.

Claudia

Viele Grüsse,

Claudia

Outdoor and Relax in Black Forest

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Lizzie   I second Susan17's comment about the lack of timely updates.  It would be great to have important updates more prominently displayed on the main forum page-not hidden under "Discover".  It should have the word  "new"  in red next to "Updates" to indicate a new posting.   I have noticed that there are a lot of users who are not as computer-savvy and often find the forum difficult to navigate.  Implementing the above would help spread the news about glitches, etc a lot quicker, and largely eliminate those "panic" posts by people who are not able to follow Airbnb on one of the social media platforms.   I don't think that hosts shouldn't be forced to join Twitter in order to keep up with the latest developments/update(the latest glitch, regarding the stats, is a good example).   Thank you!   🙂

PS: I have noticed for a while now that after certain period of time posts that we have made, cannot be edited anymore.   Is this something that can be changed?

Carrie-And-Bill0
Level 2
Chesapeake, VA

@Lizzie   Airbnb fixed our number of reviews percentage but now our number of trips hosted and overall score is incorrect.  Is anyone else experiencing this latest glitch?  the airbnb rep did not know of a glitch but it is similar to the one before.   Thanks for any feedback from anyone on this subject.  

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Lizzie  is there  any way to possibly archive older threads- say, those, more than a year old?  Often, people will comment on threads that are quite a bit older and not relevant anymore without realizing it.   Thanks!   🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for this suggestion @Ann489. Funny enough this is something we were talking about recently in the team. Personally I think it's a balancing act to get right, as many old threads can still be useful–for example how to contact Airbnb guide.

So it's about making sure those topics which are still relevant are still accessible, but also making sure that old irrelevant conversations aren't popping up all the time. 

If you have any further thoughts on this, it would be great to hear from you. 

Lizzie

--------------------

@Lizzie   How about turning off the ability to comment on those older posts then?  I noticed, that often, people will respond to a two year old post to someone who is no longer in the community.    😉

No, because sometimes (oftentimes) something that was relevant 3 years ago is relevant today.

Sehyun0
Level 3
Jeju-si, South Korea

Hi! I made a rule to think about what I have done right after when my guest left my house.

1. What should I do for guest.

- Were there anything wrong what I did?

- Try to look for something good for my 

my guest.

- Was I kind and helpful to all guests?

These actions made my business enjoy bearing fruits and becoming a super host. Thanks!

Cheri227
Level 1
Saratoga Springs, NY

Hello, I am not sure where else to post this because I have not received assistance from any other faction of Air BNB.  I had a guest stay at my house June 4-7, 2020 and damaged numerous items and left five days of filthy dishes, maggot ridden garbage in the kitchen floor, raw eggs thrown on the floor and left to dry, damage caused to my central Air conditioning system, left feces on the wall and threatened my neighbors!   
I have telephone, e-mailed, posted, on Air  BnB Facebook pages and still have not received assistance. The  Air BNB dispute resolution center does not take telephone calls and will not answered my many E- mails!!??
I have begun contacting my other renters whom. Rented through Air BnB to determine if -Air BnB took security deposits. From them and they all have confirmed that YES, each renters had been required to leave a security deposit. 
Yet, sadly, I still haVe not received reinvigorate assistance from the Dispute resolution center. 
At this point, I have contacted an attorney to begin an Investigation as to why a security deposit was taken but the ‘Host’ was not paid and why I have not been adequately reimbursed.    It will cost me

additional fees, but I feel that I have no recourse because I do not feel I am protected with all future rentals (especially after reading all of the similar complaints of unpaid severity deposit incidents on the Air BnB Facebook Page)   I feel that it I have additional damage, it will AGAIN be ignored and I will have to make the repairs and replace items at my own cost. 

Who assists ‘Hosts’ who have had damage, excessive cleaning fees and a threatening renter. 

I feel my only recourse now, it to contact my governmental agencies to ascertain who oversees Air BNB protocol.