AIRBNB REFUSING TO SEND PAYOUTS FOR NO REASON

AIRBNB REFUSING TO SEND PAYOUTS FOR NO REASON

I have submitted over 35 new case #s to Airbnb about the same issue. Yet, for some reason  nobody with Airbnb will contact us back or give us any answers whatsoever and even disconnect us from all the chats each and every time. It has been over 3 months and Airbnb refuses to act in good faith toward us in regards to money owed. If nobody here can help me soon, I am going to exhaust all efforts and money  to sue Airbnb. If I see that 60+ Host that are or have experienced the same thing, I will seek council for a class action lawsuit against Airbnb.  What Airbnb has done and is still doing to me Is illegal and I'm done chasing my money as I hit a wall every time. Please don't be afraid to come forward with either help or to join me. Just because Airbnb is a big company doesn't give them the right to do this to people. I have talked to an Airbnb attorney, read all policy language about payouts etc. and I am well prepped. To further show you about my current issue, I have listed the amount of money and reservations that Airbnb is choosing to hold from us for over 3 months now and without reasoning. That amount continues to increaser daily and Airbnb is perfectly okay with taking their cut but not giving us ours.

Generating over 1 million in bookings last year, you think Airbnb would be n your side....

If anyone can help or would like to join this possible lawsuit, please let me know as I can be contacted at the info below:

Text Message only: ***

Email: ***

OUTSTANDING BALANCE OWED FOR OVER 96 DAYS BY AIRBNB:

**[Personal details removed - Community Center Guidelines]

**[Reservation numbers hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

Booked Out, LLC
29 Replies 29
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Booked-Out0 Are the amounts the full payouts or are they the withheld taxes? If they are the full amounts and assuming you have provided Airbnb with all the tax/identity info they require I  wouldn't sue Airbnb but would launch a small claims court case. Much simpler, cheaper and more effective.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

A tweet might help, @Booked-Out0. Dirty laundry isn't a good look.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Booked-Out0 you can not sue them . Arbitration is your only option per terms. You should go ahead and send them the arbitration notice. I am sure it will move things along. @Gordon0 suggestion of a tweet might be a good start while you are working out the arb details

@Inna22 In Europe we have the right to arbitration or court action. Is it different in the USA?

@Mike-And-Jane0 in the US it is arbitration only. It is a frequent clause in contract and might be a needed one considering American's love for litigation

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Inna22,

I believe that @Lisa723 took Airbnb to small claims court and won.  Hopefully, she'll chime in although she's stopped hosting on the platform.

@Debra300  @Booked-Out0  @Alex893  @Mike-And-Jane0 @Inna22 

Yes, a few years ago I filed a small claims court suit against Airbnb, and I won by default as Airbnb never responded to the suit. When I sent them the resulting payment demand, which included court costs and a winner's judgment fee in addition to my original claim, they paid.

At the time terms of service allowed arbitration (which was/is not free to initiate, BTW) or small claims court, though many hosts mistakenly believed arbitration was the only option.

Since then I know TOS have been updated, and since as Deb said I'm not currently hosting on Airbnb I have not scoured them for changes in this area. Anyone considering legal action should obviously read them thoroughly and carefully. (Well-- anyone considering hosting on Airbnb should do this. But it seems few do.)

@Inna22 It seems that the small claims court is allowed even in America:

23.2 Overview of Dispute Resolution Process. Airbnb is committed to participating in a consumer-friendly dispute resolution process. To that end, these Terms provide for a two-part process for individuals to whom this Section 23 applies: (1) an informal negotiation directly with Airbnb’s customer service team (described in paragraph 23.3, below), and if necessary (2) a binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). You and Airbnb each retain the right to seek relief in small claims court as an alternative to arbitration.

@Mike-And-Jane0 interesting. I did not know that. I would still start with an arbitration notice. It is free and it will get their attention 

Hi Inna, I don’t know where you are getting this information from but there’s nothing that prohibits anyone from suing anyone. Certainly  a corporation’s terms and conditions will not prohibit an individual from suing corporation. 

I am interested to know more about why you think hosts  cannot sue Airbnb. 

I’ve given notice to Airbnb that if they do not release my payments by the end of this week, I will be initiating a small claims suit against them. 

I’ve spoken to a lawyer, and the lawyer has not indicated there’s anything that prevents me from doing so and doing so,  successfully

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Booked-Out0 I'm so sorry to hear about this. I can imagine you're frustrated if you're still waiting on such an amount.

I've sent your case over to the team so they can look into it more and resolve this quickly. They'll be in touch with you and if I get an update from them in the meantime, I'll let you know.

Please do let us know how you get on!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Nolufefe0
Level 2
East London, South Africa

I would like to know  if you ever received your payout. We are in the same position and it has affected our business negatively.

It's over 2 months without income. Please if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Deborah1337
Level 2
San Pedro Pochutla, Mexico

I’m in the same situation, I’m literally going nuts, they are making fun of us and they have no right to retain our money, when we already did our part !  They are using us!

Same here! They keep on closing all the chats claiming the next time the payout will work, but I have to start all over again.
I set up a new payment method (it's the 5th now and I don't have more bank accounts...), it takes at least 5 to 10 business days to be approved (1-2 natural weeks)

- then once approved they "send the payout",  which also takes 5–7 business days (another 1,5 weeks) and apologise because "they have to prioritise attention to other customers" and therefore close the claim cause the issue is fixed. WHAT?! 

- I get NOTHING PAID, and the circus starts all over again.  
It's been now 2 months.

What's wrong? Isn't this abusive behaviour in a business?