Adding a Price Increase

Pat196
Level 2
Clarens, South Africa

Adding a Price Increase

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if someone can assist me with right way to add an annual increase on my base price to start at some point in the future.

For example,  Say my base price is R600 (Rand) and that's all days of the week.  As my availability is set for 9 months ahead I want to do an increase from April 2021 but don't want my current base price to be impacted.  I also need to have it increase the cost of additional persons as I charge an additional fee for 3rd and 4th guest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Pat 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Pat196 

This is IMO not exactly possible, as it needs some programming (if "xxx" then 'yyy" )

Did you made manually dates available for 9 months (static) or are you using the booking window option (dynamic) for that purpose ?

When it comes to baseprice you can make a ruleset which increase price with some percentage, but you need to apply the ruleset to a certain time period from april 2021 to april 2022 (?). 

Or set your baseprice on a higher level now and create a ruleset giving some percentage discount. Then apply the rulset to current date to end of March 2021.

BTW If you are on "smart pricing" the above can not be used.

Best regards,

Emiel

Pat196
Level 2
Clarens, South Africa

Dear Emiel,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post.

I do run 2 listings now - I find that during the week a booking for 2 persons is better than being empty.  The peak season however requires a minimum of 4 persons occupying the space (1 cottage but 2 bedrooms sleeping 4).  For this reason I added the 2nd listing.  It is not always easy to manage but it works.

Thanks very much, the problem with putting the higher fee and then offering the discount is that when a person searches on you, your fee is increased as it does not show the discounts.

The smart pricing does not work for me as it makes the entire space available for less than I would charge for 1 person....!!!

It is really rather problematic as is the adding an extra guest charge instead of just having the

ability to charge a higher rate on same listing for peak periods.  

I love AIRBNB but these 2 things are really bothersome!

Many thanks for trying to assist!

Kind regards

Pat