Adding new taxes and updating existing bookings - Greece - Προσθήκη νέων φόρων και ενημέρωση υφιστάμενων κρατήσεων - Ελλάδα

Answered!

Adding new taxes and updating existing bookings - Greece - Προσθήκη νέων φόρων και ενημέρωση υφιστάμενων κρατήσεων - Ελλάδα

Good evening!

As you may be aware, in Greece two new taxes were applied to short-term rental listings from 01/01/2024. One concerns the Climate Crisis Resilience Fee of €0.50 per night for the months of November - March and €1.50 for the months of April - October, an amount that is borne by the customer and is not included in the price of the accommodation.

The second tax is the Non-Resident Tax of 0.5% of gross receipts, which must be included in the price of the accommodation.

I have the following questions:

1. How will the reservations already made for 2024 be updated with these additional charges?

2. How can I add the Tourist Fee as an included charge? On the platform, each new addition of tax is applied as a surcharge on top of the base price.

3. How can I add the correct charge of the Climate Resilience Fee, per period?

Thank you very much!

Yours sincerely,

Anna

[Above Translation added by Community Manager:]

Original Post : 
Καλησπέρα σας!

Όπως ενδεχομένως θα γνωρίζετε, στην Ελλάδα εφαρμόστηκαν δυο νέοι φόροι στις καταχωρήσεις βραχυχρόνιας μίσθωσης από 01/01/2024.

Ο ένας αφορά στο Τέλος Ανθεκτικότητας στην Κλιματική Κρίση ύψους 0,50€ ανά βραδιά για του μήνες Νοέμβριο - Μάρτιο και ύψους 1,50€ για τους μήνες Απρίλιο - Οκτώβριο, ποσό που επιβαρύνεται ο πελάτης και δεν συμπεριλαμβάνεται στην τιμή του καταλύματος.

Ο δεύτερος φόρος είναι το Τέλος Παρεπιδημούντων ύψους 0,5% επί των ακαθάριστων εσόδων, το οποίο πρέπει να συμπεριλαμβάνεται στην τιμή του καταλύματος.

Έχω τα παρακάτω ερωτήματα:
1. Πώς θα ενημερωθούν οι κρατήσεις που έχουν ήδη γίνει για το 2024, με τις επιπλέον αυτές χρεώσεις?

2. Πώς μπορώ να προσθέσω το Τέλος Παρεπιδημούντων ως συμπεριλαμβανόμενη χρέωση? Στην πλατφόρμα, κάθε νέα προσθήκη φόρου εφαρμόζεται ως επιπλέον χρέωση επί της βασικής τιμής.

3. Πώς μπορώ να προσθέσω τη σωστή χρέωση του Τέλους Ανθεκτικότητας στην Κλιματική Κρίση, ανά περίοδο?

Σας ευχαριστώ πολύ!

Με εκτίμηση,

Αννα

1 Best Answer

Hi Sally, 

I followed the suggestion of Airbnb! I sent a clarification message to all the guests affected first and then through the resolution center I claimed the extra charge from each guest! They all were very cooperative and understanding!

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Toni6082
Level 1
Paros, Greece

Hi Anna. I’m trying to figure out the same thing, so far with no ideal solution. Airbnb haven’t seemed to address the issue yet. If I find anything I’ll come back here and post it and would be grateful if you could do the same. I see nobody has replied to your question. Thanks. Toni 

Hi @Toni6082

Thank you for your kind reply!

I contacted the Airbnb support center and the only helpful answer I got was to claim the extra charges from previous reservations by visiting the resolution center and ask to receive the extra charges from each guest. 

I am not sure if I will follow that suggestion, yet...

Sally1050
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Anna14998  - my accountant says I have to issue an invoice and collect the new resilience tax from my guests. That will be very difficult to administer.

also for 2024 bookings that were taken in the previous 24 months I’m not sure that I can now change the price.

if anyone has any thoughts or hears anything, please let me know.

Thanks,

sally

Hi Sally, 

I followed the suggestion of Airbnb! I sent a clarification message to all the guests affected first and then through the resolution center I claimed the extra charge from each guest! They all were very cooperative and understanding!

Hi Anna and all, 

We have just started hosting on Air bnb and have confirmed our three first booking before we were made aware of these new taxes by our accountant; we really feel we can't contact our first few guests regarding additional charges after confirming them so might chose to bare the cost for those first bookings but do you know whether we can apply additional taxes to all future bookings and how we do it? 

Also we've been told by our accountant it's 10€ per night and I see on your first post it's €0.50 per night for the months of November - March and €1.50 for the months of April - October. Would you mind giving me the source of this information so that I can go back to our accountant ?

Many Thanks

Hello Brynmore0,

https://www.e-forologia.gr/cms/viewContents.aspx?id=231396

Here is a link, check this out, i think it will help you
It has all the details

Το τελος παρεπιδημουντων για ιδιοκτήτες(φυσικα προσωπα) που έχουν μέχρι 2 ακίνητα δε το καταβαλλουν. Όποιος έχει πάνω απο δύο ακίνητα το καταβάλλει. Το τέλος ανθεκτικοτητας για τη κλιματική αλλαγή κανονικά σε όλους.

Hello Toni, did you ever find out a solutiob on how to collect these taxes?