Air bnb tax new zealand

Answered!
Helena815
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

Air bnb tax new zealand

Hi there. I'm super new to air bnb and things are going great... I'm just unsure how to figure out how much tax I need to pay at the end of the financial year??? How to I calculate this. The guesthouse is a separate dwelling to my main home. 

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Helena815, Welcome to our Community Center!

Are you still looking for some information about Taxes in New Zealand? I wanted to share a general article that gives an idea about how are taxes collected for STRs in the region: Responsible Hosting in New Zealand. (You'll need to scroll down a bit for Taxes section though.)

As our Community Center is a global forum, I would also recommend you reach out to Local Hosts through the Local host clubs. In the above-shared link, I found the link to Christchurch local club below : 

I hope it helps you get some proper information from Local Hosts!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Helena815, Welcome to our Community Center!

Are you still looking for some information about Taxes in New Zealand? I wanted to share a general article that gives an idea about how are taxes collected for STRs in the region: Responsible Hosting in New Zealand. (You'll need to scroll down a bit for Taxes section though.)

As our Community Center is a global forum, I would also recommend you reach out to Local Hosts through the Local host clubs. In the above-shared link, I found the link to Christchurch local club below : 

I hope it helps you get some proper information from Local Hosts!

-----

Hi, My account says I need to add tax info. However my listing is in NZ, I am a NZ citizen. My account was created while in USA. Is this why? Can I change this?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is a question for Airbnb @Chris1426 -give them a call ? 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Chris1426 ! Did you get a chance to follow Helen's advice and reach out to Airbnb Customer Support to get some ideas? Do let us know how you proceed with adding relevant tax information🌻.

-----