AirBnB not paying

Betsy153
Level 2
Burlington, CT

AirBnB not paying

I have been communicating with Airbnb customer support for more than a month about not getting my payout.  A guest stayed for a week in mid-December, she paid as expected and I didn't change anything on my end, but the payment never made it to my bank account.

I have called or emailed customer support approximately 12 times.  Every time I have to start all over again to explain the situation.  I have talked with no less than 8 "case managers" and have been told everything from I would received the payout in 2-3 hours (twice), that it would be urgently addressed (every time), that I would get a response in 24-48 hours (3 times), that I would be called back in 72 hours (twice), none of which has happened.  I even got a message at 2:00 am and was told the ticket was closed by 4:00 am because I had not responded!

The feedback is that this is a "technical problem" that has to be resolved in the IT department, but I have no access to them and they do not contact me.  Further, this has been going on for many weeks and I am certain that it is not "urgent" to Airbnb.  I have not been able to pay the mortgage on time due to this delay, which has caused by credit rating to drop 100 points.  I call or write every days and get the same non-response, now going on the second month.

Can anyone tell me where Airbnb is located?  I want to make a legal claim against them but there is no information available on the website.  Goodness knows if I decided not to pay them for over a month there would be consequences.

3 Replies 3
Joel815
Level 2
St. John's, CA

Following. Exact same situation, though I've only contacted them a few times, they keep telling me it's a technical issue and will be resolved soon.. Well over a month and still pending payout. What do we do?

Betsy153
Level 2
Burlington, CT

I keep calling and emailing every day.  This is apparently a known issue.  No idea when it will be resolved.  

Joel815
Level 2
St. John's, CA

I received what I consider to be a laughable response from their "support", the message has several embarrassing spelling mistakes. Not to mention, what they've told me is an outright lie, as the payment is still showing as pending in my account.

2020-01-24 01.33.42 pm.png