Airbnb support doesn't help

Jacqueline77
Level 1
Tybee Island, GA

Airbnb support doesn't help

Airbnb is stealing money from host!  

They won’t have a supervisor call you when for two weeks they say they will. 

Airbnb can’t be trusted by host!

[Title updated by OCM to make it relevant to the post]

25 Replies 25

Same here. AirBnB is horrible! 

Pien7
Level 2
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Airbnb is stealing money from me. Nobody can helps me, I'm in contact for weeks now. I do not know what to do any more. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Pien7 

Sorry to hear that you're unhappy.  Are you able to clarify what the current situation is - are you waiting for payouts?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Pien7
Level 2
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Hello Jenny, 

At this point it feels like Airbnb is stealing from me. They keep on telling me that they have paid me almost $4000,- on a bank account that is not mine, and this quest was supposed to come in November. Why did they pay me, normally Airbnb pays you within 24 hours after your quest arrives. A reservation was made in May, Airbnb cancelled this reservation because the same day because they have thought it was not a real reservation. It seems that this person paid almost $4000,- and Airbnb says they have paid me this money. WHY?? 

This is against the rules about payments, it is not in my account, I have send many proof like bank statements etc etc. 

At this moment they will not pay me the money I have earned from my last quest, and therefor I cancelled my next quest (he was not happy at all) and I'm upset too.

I have been trying to get in contact but I keep on getting the same reply, and no one calls me back with explanation. 

Hope you can help me. 

Best,

Pien

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Pien7 

Thanks for giving me some more detail.

I've passed your information over to Support to see if we can help things along a bit.  Hopefully you'll hear more from them soon.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Same here. And the SC keeps lying to me saying that the money was transferse to my account. I went to the bank and got proof that I was not! They still lie and tell me to “check with the bank again.”  It’s just a useless cop out. AirBnB is bull$& nowadays.

Katie303
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I’m having an issue where a guest has lied about certain conditions at my listing so they could get a refund. Airbnb didn’t ask me for my permission for a refund, nor did they ask me for documentation that could prove my side of things. This guest sent me the pictures they sent to Airbnb so I know what they have for proof, and it’s all stuff they tampered with (ie, unmade beds are easy to fake lol) but I have receipts for professional cleaners from the day they checked in. Airbnb hasn’t contacted me back after I have called and written multiple support messages. I feel like airbnb stole my money and is also not trustworthy as a company I partner with. There needs to be more transparency and follow through with the company. It’s shocking to me that this money was stolen from me without any discourse, conversation, or proof 

yes, the same happened to me. and on top of that I ended up paying more than what booking was about. plus they did so on my name: so that it appears that I cancelled a booking, when instead they did it. and why so? because a guest thought about sneaking into my flat with an unauthorized guest. I warn him of the fact that the flat was booked for one person and any extra guest had to present a valid ID and pay extra fees of 15 euros a night.

He complained, got money back and airbnb charged me.

on top of that, someone edited my IBAN account. it appers that is different from what it should be. airbnb refuses to spell out the full IBAN code and invstigate where money from previous bookings have been credited.

airbnb is a fraudsters' platform: that's what it is

Monica2316
Level 1
Washington, DC

Wow. I thought I was the only one. I have a client in my house for 30days. I was supposed to get about $3500 and only got $1100. I’ve been called them every day. I had a lady that lied on my place saying it was dirty and smelled like vomit. I have a no refund policy and have great reviews and even the tenant after says it the best Airbnb they ever stayed. The company can’t be the only one making money using someone else’s property. It’s not fair. 

Monica912
Level 2
Tryon, NC

I am experiencing EXACTLY the same thing. They will NEVER let me talk with a supervisor. They host tell me . REPEATEDLY, they I am wrong and that they do not owe me money. It is a HORRIBLY unfair system. 

Nurholisoh0
Level 2
Jakarta, Indonesia

Same here! And their CS just lies to me saying that the money was transferred! It was not! I literally went to the bank a few times and asked for STAMPED proof that the money did not come. The CS is literally straight up ignoring me now! No replies at all. Open case!