Availability Window has been set to 9 months does not update on guest side

Answered!
Justin2035
Level 2
Arlington, TX

Availability Window has been set to 9 months does not update on guest side

Yesterday June 2 I had a guest request to be able to book a few days outside the availability window for what would have been a 54 day stay. I adjusted the availability window to 9 month and informed them they should be able to book now. They replied that they still could not. After further investigation, I confirmed that changing the availability window on my calendar for 2 of my listings does not affect the window on the guest interface. I notified support and was supposed to receive an update from engineering in 30 mins, an hour later I called back as I had not received any new information. They now have two open cases on it and have confirmed that it is a bug on their end. I have not received an update from engineering yet as of this morning and have called once more.

Why is one of the recommendations I see regarding this issue use a channel manager? Why should I have to spend money to make the app work properly?

I don't sync my calendar with any other platform. I solely book through Airbnb. 

1 Best Answer

Hi @Justin2035 

Are you using Pro Tools and the multicalendar? If not, suggest you turn on Pro Tools and take a look at the multicalendar while you wait for Airbnb to resolve. See if you can block then manually unblock the dates you want using the multicalenar. Worth a shot.

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15

@Justin2035 

If you choose "Unavailable by Default" as your availability option, you will have to manually unblock dates. All the other options are "rolling calendars" in that as each day passes, another day will open at whatever interval you have set (6mos, 9mos etc.)

Unfortunately, as you discovered, since the Summer 2023 release there have been problems with the rolling calendar choices. Hosts wanting to block dates past their availability window unable to do so. Also unable to unblock dates on the regular calendar. This is why we switched to "Unavailable by Default."

Joan2709_0-1717428253815.png