Blocked dates over ride

Blocked dates over ride

I block January, February and March for ourselves and have done so since purchasing our beachfront property 5 years ago.

Three times my blocked dates just happened to get unblocked and a guest managed to take my blocked vacation dates. I call Airbnb and told them my problem; they responded with a typed message saying they are working with a new program and there was a glitch that caused an outside booking on a blocked set of dates. 
 It happened again and this time they said I left 16 days unblocked again during our vacation ! Once could have been an over sight by me but now it has happened THREE times within the last 7 months and I am accused of opening my blocked out dates !!!

Didn’t happen and I denied the guest the dates that Airbnb said I unblocked . Airbnb then over rode my dates that were requested by the guest and have blocked them and said they will charge me the booking fees that they did not receive from my rental property.

I also blocked a week  for my  family who flew from New Zealand .  Suddenly I noticed that a guest instant booked the dates my family had requested and which I blocked.

I had even turned off the instant booking tab and they still got to book my blocked dates!

I will be searching for a more honest company to give my listing to. Does anyone have any good recommendations I should try ?

This company went down hill once it became a publicly traded business. Eg  10 years ago I asked why it took so long to get paid knowing most of my guests pay months in advance and Airbnb have 100% liberty with MY MONEY for the duration! Their answer “ must be your bank” that holds back my CASH! Really ? Then why do they now offer to give us our money instantly but we again have to pay another fee or percentage !!!  

LIARS , ALL OF THEM !

1 Reply 1
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Hamish31 

You can turn on professional tools (go to your profile to find the option if you don't already have it turned on) and apply some rule sets that will make it highly unlikely for the dates to get booked - even if there is a glitch that accidentally unblocks the dates. 

You can use the tools to set all the days in the blocked-out range to "no check-in" and to "no-check-out" (just watch the edges around the blocked range to make sure those nights are still able to accept bookings) and set a very high minimum stay for the length of the range that you want blocked out. It is unlikely there will be a glitch with all of these settings.