Brisbane Hosts - Brisbane City Council Short Term accommodation survey open now - please respond

Answered!

Brisbane Hosts - Brisbane City Council Short Term accommodation survey open now - please respond

To all Brisbane (Queensland) Hosts - the Brisbane City Council Short Term accommodation task force has a survey open regarding 

existing practices and procedures for short-stay accommodation in Brisbane.  The survey is open til the end of September.

Link here  - Complete the online survey 

If all (current and intending)  hosts can complete the survey and  comments as to how unreasonable the BCC's current requirement is that requires hosts renting out an entire premises must obtain a development approval for a material change of use to short term accommodation. The application fee of at least $5,000 (based on floor area) plus town planning fees imposes an unreasonable burden on hosts.  Especially considering that short term renters are unlikely to place any additional burden on Council services (rubbish, traffic or parking) than having long term residents in the same dwelling.  A short term resident is no greater intensity of residential use than a long term resident.  Especially considering that short term renting in Brisbane is not seasonal and demand is maintained throughout the year.   

If everyone could respond, then maybe we can get a better regulatory solution from BCC for short term rentals.

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Louise1242, thank you very much for sharing this within our Community.

I am tagging some members of the area to see if they would be interested in participating in this survey: @Rob9965 @Jennie0 @Michael2998 

It could also be a good idea to reach out to some local fellow Hosts in the 👉Brisbane Chub Host.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Louise1242, thank you very much for sharing this within our Community.

I am tagging some members of the area to see if they would be interested in participating in this survey: @Rob9965 @Jennie0 @Michael2998 

It could also be a good idea to reach out to some local fellow Hosts in the 👉Brisbane Chub Host.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Jennie0
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Thanks Paula...I'm no longer a host.  We have converted our airbnb places to long term rentals

Christine3191
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

it’s not just the rediculous fee they will also refuse permits see mellow extract from abc new yesterday.  I rent my house out to families with multiple small children.  Why target houses!  They assume Airbnb is just for individuals couples or groups of singles.  -

Brisbane City Council has identified more than 420 properties currently used for short-term accommodation that will not receive a permit under the new system.
"These are properties that are in low-density residential areas and are often standalone houses that won't be approved for short-term accommodation use," Mr Schrinner said.
He said landlords will need to return these properties to the long-term market or face fines for operating without a permit.
"We'll be going through that process to let [those owners] know."