Check your 25% support payments!

Andrew1928
Level 5
Te Anau, New Zealand

Check your 25% support payments!

All of mine are a lot less than 25% of what I would have normally recieved through my cancellation policy!

The updated info on my dashboard showing support payment amounts is incorrect....I just checked back through the emails I recieved at the time of cancellation and the amounts are different!

Looks like we are being mislead and screwed over....AGAIN!

Anyone else noticing this?

23 Replies 23

@Forest8  If you gave over full control of your listing to your property manager and he won't pass on the refunds to you, I should think that would be something you'll have to work out with him.

@Courtney172  Whether the guest paid all or partial up front, should have nothing to do with the 25%. The 25% is based on what you would have received for the reservation had your cancellation policy been upheld, not based on whether the guest chose the pay less upfront option or paid in full. The percentage a guest gets refunded and the percentage a host gets to keep when a guest cancels is based on the total cost of the reservation and the cancellation policy in place, not on how much the guest paid up front.

Over 6 properties that were said to be mostly booked through August it is my view he should have pulled his commission out of what he received and then send us the rest instead of reporting zero revenue for our properties. These were actual reservations that we lost revenue on not him. He only lost his percentage of our revenue. You can call them support host payments or whatever name you want to call the payment to justify it.  My version is he used my boat,  my bait but decided the small fish caught he would keep himself without asking if I would like to keep them or not. He was a hired hand who is supposed to be using the boat and bait to generate income or fish. It depends on how you look at it. How are other hosts handling these payments with owners?

@Forest8  Yeah, he sounds unscrupulous and greedy. At the very least, he should be willing to split the amount with you. What does your legal agreement with him say in regards to his commissions?  Yes, he used your boat and your bait, but you enabled him to do that. You could have kept the listing under your account, so payments went directly to you and just listed him as a co-host. If he wasn't willing to do that, I'd have looked for a manager who would.

Not trying to blame the victim here, just pointing out the reality of the situation.

Hi all

Can anybody inform me on how to go about receiving the 25% cancellation payments due to cancelled bookings because of covid 19?

im yet to receive any payment yet?

cheers

I'm wondering the same thing.  I was supposed get a support payment after 4 weeks of the cancellation.  Its been 6 weeks.  Has anybody been receiving any support payments? 

And, The support pages says not to contact them regarding payments? Perhaps they've run out of money in their emergency support fund? 

Rodney11
Level 9
Toronto, Canada

I have received all of my cancellation payments and they match my calculations on how much $ I should be receiving. The payments will show in your upcoming payments section, and show you through which cancellation date the payments are for.

Christine591
Level 4
Kritsa, Greece

I have just looked at my reservations on the cancelled list for 5 cancellations in the months April and May which were previously saying pending.  They are now showing 0.00 payout as my moderate cancellation policy does not cover the 25% payout by Airbnb.  I know that in the information about the payout it states that those with a moderate cancellation policy are less likely to receive this but I don't understand why this should be.  All guest's that cancelled choose the reason as COVID19 and during April we were on total lockdown and until the end of May restrictions are being lifted slowly and due to the rules here in Greece we can not open our property to guest's until 1st June.   

During the past 4 years Airbnb have sent countless emails to all host's advising us to set a moderate cancellation policy to attract more guest's so why should we now loose out on a little compensation under these highly unusual circumstances.  We have lost over 1,000 euro's in cancellations which I am aware is not anyone's fault.  Airbnb suggested that we all keep guest's up to date with the situation relating to COVID19 in our countries and I messaged each guest on a regular basis as soon as the information was available to me.  Are Airbnb now saying because guest's cancelled way before the 5 day before arrival cancellation period (as per the moderate cancellation policy), this is the reason I am not eligible for any compensation.  

@Christine591
I'm in a similar situation. Guests cancelled their moderate bookings 5 days before, amidst the the Covid extenuating circumstances which I thought would make a difference to eligibility. But being entitled to full refund I had no income from them, so I get 25% of zero. 

Also, I qualify for Superhost assistance and haven't heard a dickie bird from AirBnB.

I've lost many thousands of Euro this year and depend on that income for much of my living expenses. 

It would be nice for all hosts to get some sort of support in this time. 

I'm at a loss.

R

@Christine591 I quite agree Richard, why shouldn't all host's benefit in some way during this very difficult period especially as it is obvious why our guest's have had to cancel.