City of St. Petersburg regulations

Wendy621
Level 2
Tampa, FL

City of St. Petersburg regulations

For those of you Hosting in St. Petersburg Florida:

How are you navigating the city regulations for Airbnb?

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Wendy621 ! Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Have you managed to find some more information on the current regulations in the city?

I am also reaching out to a few Hosts from the region, if they can share their ideas about the new regulations with us : @Amy2398 @John6275 @Elaine-And-Cort0 !

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Wendy621 ,

What regulations exactly are you referring to? The 30 day minimum night stay? 

My property is a condo in an HOA that allows STR for less than 30days. Unless you are in unincorporated St. Pete or a condo association like mine, you will need to abide by the 30 night stay. Some host ignore it, but most will eventually get caught. I am not sure what happens if you get caught. I think it's a fine.   

Brittany664
Level 2
St. Petersburg, FL

I was unaware of the 3 short term per year unless 30 days or more rule. I do not live in a HOA and my nasty neighbor turned me due to seeing a post on next door. The income was to be to support my young son since his dad will not pay a dime. She shut the the whole thing down and turned me into city. It seems that city only cares when someone complains they also look at the ratings how many you have per month and how you have it listed under 30 days. My place is a studio and I have gotten no traction for monthly. People loved how low of price in a nice area I had it was a win for everyone as I do live onsite as well so I can oversee it all. Plus I am a property manager in Office bldgs so I am well aware of all things property related. It really sucks because hotels are costly and they don't care about supplemental income when you own your own home.