Cleaning Services

Heidy14
Level 2
California, United States

Cleaning Services

Hi you all! Hope you are doing great!

I host an apartment in South America and live in the US 

I need your opinion on this one. 

My last guest extended his stay for 15 days, I approved it and told him there will be an extra fee for cleaning which he agreed. Three nights before he left I send him a check out reminder, also gave him a heads up I will request a extended cleaning fee payment, he replied the next day, this was 2 nights  before his reservation was over, telling me that he is leaving one day early  and that I Can use the money for the last night he was not going to stay for the cleaning fee….. I told him, I can’t change the reservation and the fees. He said you can make arrangements with airbnb about that. 
He left and still hasn’t send me any payment. Although he left the apartment in good shape and was polite right for the start, but I didn’t like he didn’t comunícate he was leaving early til I contacted him, after that he never contacted me again… 

I appreciate your thoughts…..

5 Replies 5

When it's their dollar they will find all kinds of creative ways to cheat you out of what they agreed to pay if they know there's a good chance you won't be able to get it from them.  Transient housing has more risks than long term rental housing because they are a resident and work in the area.  So you should of not extended his stay and had him creat a new trasaction where you can charge him the cleaning fee.  Now if the extentsion was a side deal and you got the rent, count your blessings.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I wouldn't have let the guest extend the stay without paying the fee. @Heidy14  first.

Have you tried submitting a claim through the platform for the additional cleaning fee? 

Heidy14
Level 2

yes I agree! Thank you! 

I will be contacting Airbnb on this one, I think the guest should have mention to my co host something about the cleaning fee when he left.

He automatically assumed I’m going to be ok with him ignoring the payment. It’s sad this happened he even said he liked my place and it’s location, I was expecting at least a good review, I was planing on leaving him a good review also, til all this issue with him leaving the day before happen! 

Chel12987
Level 2
Philippines

If a guest extends their stay and you agreed on an additional cleaning fee, the situation could have been avoided if you had initiated the alteration and modified the amount to include the extra cleaning fee. If guest left the place tidy and in good shape, you can't file a claim due to unpaid cleaning fee because it was an internal agreement between you and the guest.

Feel free to get in touch should you need help in managing your listing. I will be more than happy to be of service.

Whether you're a seasoned host or new to the vacation rental market, our tailored management solutions are designed to meet your unique needs. From listing optimization and dynamic pricing strategies to guest communication and maintenance, we handle every aspect of property management with precision and expertise.
Heidy14
Level 2

Thank you for offering help! The guest agreed to pay the additional cleaning fee. He didn’t end up doing what he said he would.

if wonder if I leave a review  would  things change? 

Question are you an airbnb agent?