Discounts deducted

Anita817
Level 2
Roseville, CA

Discounts deducted

I am a host for two houses in Costa Rica. I offer discounts for extended stays (e.g. 1 week, 1 month etc.), and I see how those discounts are deducted from the nightly house rental rate. On several rentals, I also have seen additional discounts being deducted. My question is... if a guest has an Airbnb-offered coupon, do I as the host bear the brunt of that coupon? The other reason I ask is that I am a super host and have a $100 coupon and have some work travel. I will be honest that I hate to use the coupon if the host of the home that I wish to rent will lose $100 from their rental. I know, that seems stupid, but really, any coupons offered by Airbnb should never affect the host should it? 

Thanks for any insight you can give me,

Anita

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Anita817 

Looking at your listing:

You are offering the "non-refundable" cancelation option to guests, which provides a 10% discount.

Yes, we do offer that discount if the guest should so choose. But there are times that the guest has chosen the moderate cancellation policy (which offers no additional discount to them) but there are coupon discounts, it appears.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

It better be that Airbnb eats the $100. It is their reward, after all.

Well, I hope so, but I just cannot find anything online that confirms that Airbnb-offered coupons are NOT deducted from from the amount that comes to me.