Discounts

Discounts

Could anyone tell me if it is better to have discounted rates or have a rate below the average rate in your area? I am new to Airbnb

2 Replies 2
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Doddy1 ,

I’m not sure I fully understand the question, but let me ask you one. Imagine you’re buying a new TV. One TV is originally priced at 800 USD but is on promotion for 500 USD. Another TV, with no promotion, is also priced at 500 USD. Which one would you choose? This is a marketing question. Also, make sure not to use smart pricing because, at least for me, discounts don’t work when it’s enabled.

Jim-and-Caroline0
Level 4
Ekerö, Sweden

Hello @Doddy1,

Congratulations on your listing and we wish you the best of luck. We suggest you try one for a certain amount of time. See what the responses is and if you’re not happy with it revert to the other. 

Every Market is different , depends on time of year, what’s on in your market & the competition, etc👌🏼

You will get to know the type of market that your property attracts by the different requests you get , you will get to know if their price sensitive and / or what your business unique selling point is by the review process.

As you are doing here now👌🏼

Grow your knowledge by engaging with the Airbnb community & also by hosting successful bookings you gain the confidence to build your business on your terms & strengths.

Be patient , learn the business, let guest experience & your experience with Guest be part of your learning curve. Enjoy it & be service oriented & genuine with your guests.. We believe this will ultimately lead to a positive & successful experience for you and the guest.

respectfully / Jim &  Caroline