Earnings Summary doesn't match Earnings CSV report - Earnings overstated

Charlotte11
Level 3
Charlottesville, VA

Earnings Summary doesn't match Earnings CSV report - Earnings overstated

Downloaded a CSV report for July earnings. I can add the "Reservation" amount to the "Pass through total" (withheld taxes I must submit) and it equals the payout amount I received. So I should be able to add the "Reservation" amount total to the deducted "Host Fee" amount total to come up with the Earnings total for the month. That's $3050.

But no. On the Earnings Summary page, the total for July = $3290. I can add $3050 (which includes Cleaning and Pet Fees) to $180 Cleaning Fees plus $60 Pet Fee to get $3290. 

So it sure looks like AirBnB has counted my Cleaning Fees and Pet Fees twice in the calculation. Any clues here? 

Thanks!
Charlotte

2 Replies 2
Charlotte11
Level 3
Charlottesville, VA

Soooo... I called the Superhost number for AirBnB and the guy said he couldn't tell me what the discrepancy is. He's submitting a bug report but there's no one else to talk to about this, apparently. If you go by the Earnings Summary under Insights, just be aware it may very well be overstating your earnings. 

Charlotte

Charlotte11
Level 3
Charlottesville, VA

Oy. I figured it out. Total rental fees + cleaning fees + pet fees - host fees + collected taxes = $3290. That's what AirBnB is calling Booked Earnings for July.  To get my actual earnings, I have to add back host fees (an expense) and subtract collected taxes (a liability to be submitted to the tax authorities), which comes to $3050. Jesus, what a pain.