Final payment and UK VAT discount

Trees0
Level 2
Tywardreath, United Kingdom

Final payment and UK VAT discount

Hi community,

I have a guest arriving next week with her family, she contacted me 3 weeks ago regarding making her final payment, she’d lost the email, was away etc etc. I referred her to Airbnb helpline.

Now a week before her arrival she is still querying final payment saying she hasn’t paid it because they are not deducting VAT (UK value added tax) discount. Again I recommended she contact the helpline. 

My question is I don’t feel happy about sending her check in information re key code etc until I know she has paid in full, but I’m wondering how I can deduce this as her booking details do not verify one way or the other?

Can anyone advise?

best Trees

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Trees0 

You can not verify yourself if full payment is made, only Airbnb can. But it is dispute between the guest and Airbnb and you should not be the victim of that. So ask he guest (Or contact Airbnb to verify) if payment is made. Otherwise Airbnb or the guest should cancel the reservation asap.  There are problems with payouts now at Airbnb, especially regarding those reservations with have some issues, so don't take the risk to end op in even more trouble.

Best regards,

Emiel

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This doesn’t make sense @Trees0 the guest wouldn’t have VAT deducted from her payment. She just needs to pay the second half of what she owes. 

Confirm to the guest that you won’t be able to provide check in details until she confirms payment has been made.

Once she does this check with Airbnb payment has been made. Give her 24 hours to do this. 

Trees0
Level 2

Thanks guys, I had the strangest conversation with Airbnb support about it! See pic.

The guest sent me another message saying they still hadn’t paid so I  messaged back saying if they let me know when they have paid I will send check in info, and they immediately got back saying they had paid, but there’s still nowhere to verify this 🙄

Trees0
Level 2

**[Private conversation removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]

Trees0
Level 2

PS Helen, there is a government incentive deducting 5% off hotels and hospitality in UK since July re Covid, but I think as Airbnb is registered as a foreign business it doesn’t apply..