Galloway, New Jersey Airbnb Restrictions

Bobby304
Level 2
North Bergen, NJ

Galloway, New Jersey Airbnb Restrictions

I would like to open up an airbnb in Galloway, New Jersey.  I was told that I would have to have the home inspected inbetween every guest stays for $50 and for every guest stay I have to complete a short term rental agreement with each guest reservation.  Can someone please clarify these supposed requirements and how to simply the process to open up the airbnb. 

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You should find the regulations on your local government website - is this who you contacted who told you this @Bobby304 

I spoke to someone in the Galloway, NJ Township office.  As per this person, every guest scheduled in an airbnb would have to have a short term rental agreement and in between each guest there will be a home inspection by the city.  This inspection will cost the host $50 each time.  This seems wrong.  I was hoping that an airbnb host in the Galloway, NJ area could provide me some information on these two requirements. 

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

@Bobby304 , do your homework and look up your township municipal codes. They will or should clearly state what is required for rental property. Check to see if the township municipal code has a separate code for short term rentals or does short term rentals fall under the municipal code related to rental properties (Chapter 276-Rental property).

Best—

I will look into that.  Thank you very much. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Bobby304 👋

Thanks so much for coming to the Community Center to ask this question.

Have you opened up your Airbnb yet? I wondered if you managed to find any information that you could share to update your post? It would really help and support other Hosts who may search for the answer to this question. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines