Galloway, New Jersey Airbnb Restrictions

Bobby304
Level 1
North Bergen, NJ

Galloway, New Jersey Airbnb Restrictions

I would like to open up an airbnb in Galloway, New Jersey.  I was told that I would have to have the home inspected inbetween every guest stays for $50 and for every guest stay I have to complete a short term rental agreement with each guest reservation.  Can someone please clarify these supposed requirements and how to simply the process to open up the airbnb. 

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You should find the regulations on your local government website - is this who you contacted who told you this @Bobby304 

I spoke to someone in the Galloway, NJ Township office.  As per this person, every guest scheduled in an airbnb would have to have a short term rental agreement and in between each guest there will be a home inspection by the city.  This inspection will cost the host $50 each time.  This seems wrong.  I was hoping that an airbnb host in the Galloway, NJ area could provide me some information on these two requirements. 

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

@Bobby304 , do your homework and look up your township municipal codes. They will or should clearly state what is required for rental property. Check to see if the township municipal code has a separate code for short term rentals or does short term rentals fall under the municipal code related to rental properties (Chapter 276-Rental property).

Best—

I will look into that.  Thank you very much.