Greek goverment planning to freeze Airbnb new licenses

Nabil221
Level 1
Beirut, Lebanon

Greek goverment planning to freeze Airbnb new licenses

"New short-term rental licenses are prohibited in the three central districts of Athens (1st, 2nd, 3rd) for at least one year"

Does anyone have any additional info about these 3 central districts?
Moreover, what is the right procedure to obtain AMA & KAEK numbers in Greece?

6 Replies 6
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nabil221,

Will you be affected by these changes?

I've tagged a few hosts who might be able to help provide more information: 

@Emmanuel9 @Βασίλης-and-Ann0 @Konstantinos0 @Eleni219 @Giannis87 @Dimitrios119 @Susanne736 @George2183 @George1909 @Νικος3 @Theodoros28 @Richard2257 @Eleni219 @Marietta53 

In the meantime, you could also check out our Local Host Clubs to connect with local Hosts who might also know more.

I hope this helps!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Nabil221 have you looked at STR regulations on the Athens local government website this is where you would normally find information on local STR regulations 

Νικος3
Level 2
Rhodes, Greece

Πιο συγκεκριμένα η έκδοση αδειών παγώνει για:

• Το 1ο δημοτικό διαμέρισμα Αθήνας που περιλαμβάνει το κέντρο των Αθηνών με το λεγόμενο εμπορικό τρίγωνο (Στάδιο-Ομόνοια-Πλάκα).
  • Το 2ο δημοτικό διαμέρισμα Αθήνας που περιλαμβάνει τις ΝΑ συνοικίες από Νέο Κόσμο μέχρι Στάδιο.
  • Το 3ο δημοτικό διαμέρισμα Αθήνας που περιλαμβάνει τις ΝΔ συνοικίες Αστεροσκοπείου, Πετραλώνων, Μεταξουργείου και Θησείου.

@Nabil221 

---

More specifically, the issuance of licenses is frozen for:

• The 1st municipal district of Athens that includes the center of Athens with the so-called commercial triangle (Stadio-Omonia-Plaka).
  • The 2nd municipal district of Athens which includes the SE districts from Neo Kosmos to Stadio.
  • The 3rd municipal district of Athens which includes the SW districts of Asteroskopiou, Petraloni, Metaxourgeio and Thisiou.

*The Community Manager has translated this post using Google Translate

Thank you @Νικος3,

Any idea if this is effective now or starting Jan 1st, 2025?

Meanwhile are they still issuing licenses?

@Nabil221 I don't know that, what I sent you is written in newspaper articles They don't specify exactly

Yes it is true the Prime Minister from Thessaloniki said no more license for Airbnb flats in the center of Athens Greece but we will see

All the best

Giannis Vlachos

Urban Chic Flat Pagrati Athens

---------------------------

Ναι είναι αλήθεια ο πρωθυπουργός από τη Θεσσαλονίκη είπε ότι δεν υπάρχει άλλη άδεια για διαμερίσματα Airbnb στο κέντρο της Αθήνας, Ελλάδα αλλά θα δούμε

Mε εκτίμηση

Giannis Vlachos

Urban Chic Flat Pagrati Athens