Guest asks for invoice

Answered!
Eleftheria25
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Guest asks for invoice

Dear hosts,

A guest just demanded an invoice from me, in order to get a refund from his company. The thing is, I run my rental as an individual and not as a company. I did inform him about this, and offered to give him a sort of receipt which will mention my legal details and his. This would suffice. But how you do that? Do you send a form to fill before arrival ? At the time of booking? Or at the end of the reservation? We are both in the EU. Thank you 😊🙏

1 Best Answer
Patricia2526
Level 10
Manila, Philippines

Hello @Eleftheria25 

Guest can go to “Trips” on their dashboard, then “get receipt”

IMG_2482.jpeg

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Eleftheria25 He just needs to get the data from Airbnb. You should not be giving receipts for anything and certainly not for the Airbnb service fees and their VAT.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

He just needs to provide a screen grab of his booking confirmation with the price he paid and booking trails . You don't need to provide hîm with a separate receipt @Eleftheria25 

Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Eleftheria25 

I find that many of my guests don't know that they can download the receipt for their booking on Airbnb. Your guest must click on the booking and go to "Get Receipt".

Patricia2526
Level 10
Manila, Philippines

Hello @Eleftheria25 

Guest can go to “Trips” on their dashboard, then “get receipt”

IMG_2482.jpeg

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Eleftheria25 , that's indeed a good question and it seems like @Patricia2526 's amazing screenshot & answer has already helped you with resolving it 😍. Thanks so much for marking the best answer on your topic.

Did you manage to guide your guest on this?

For reference of other new Hosts who may come visit this topic, I am also sharing a Help Centre article in case it's useful to share with guests requesting such invoices or receipts : How guests can find their receipt from a completed reservation .

Keep us posted!🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you so much! Hopefully the client will accept this option. Also, huge thumbs up 😎👍 to everyone who replied. Good luck with your business.