HEPA Filters and Air Purifiers - Suggestions on the best one to purchase?

Tracie24
Level 7
Washington, DC

HEPA Filters and Air Purifiers - Suggestions on the best one to purchase?

Greetings!

I'm considering investing in a HEPA filter/Air purifiers for our listing.  Does anyone have one that they're happy with and would recommend?

Hoping to eliminate cooking smells and those lovely 'mystery' odors in between guests.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Tracie

5 Replies 5
Denice7
Level 2
Ammon, ID

Hi, @Tracie24 

I bought a 1000.00 medical air purifier last year because of smoke coming out of the garauge plus a HEPA filter for it it did not help.  I used my friend's ozone machine for 24 hrs. it took all the smells out.  the only bad about it is you need to take your kids and pets out for the amount of time you run it.  and air out the home before you go back in.  it kills all viruses and germs. 

Rachel2842
Level 2
Fletcher, NC

HI @Tracie24 , 

I how this is an old post but I was hoping to chime in if anyone else needs help with the topic. I would love an update about if you found something to remove the cooking and other smells. 

@Tracie24 Well air purifiers stock change very often, and it can be hard to find the link to one which you have used for awhile and would like to recommend.

I did purchase an air purifier yesterday, but I'm not ready to recommend it yet, without having used it for an extended period of time.

What I personally look for in an air purifier:

-Cheap (under $80 CAD or so)

-Quiet (under 25 db or so)

-Has an air quality sensor (usually PM2.5) built-in

The air purifier I purchased yesterday is currently on sale for $59 CAD ($43 USD) and fulfills all of these conditions. 

I have amazon prime, so I usually test run the air purifier for a couple of days and decide to keep or return, which is what I'll do with this current one which I just purchased. 

Ben5942
Level 2
Seattle, WA

These work amazing:  GermGuardian Air Purifier for Home, Large Rooms, H13 HEPA Filter, Removes Dust, Allergens, Smoke, Pollen, Odors, Mold, UV-C Light Helps Reduce Germs, 28 Inch, Black, AC5350B

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ben5942, thank you so much for these suggestions 👏 I am tagging @Rachel2842  here so they receive a notification of your message. This way, we increase the chances of them getting back to us.

Quick tip: To tag someone, tap "@" and select the host's username from the dropdown menu 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad