Help in changing the city's registration number on our listings

Answered!

Help in changing the city's registration number on our listings

I've been through "support" for months with no solution.  Can someone please advise on how to change the city's registration number on an existing listing.  We received a new registration number from the city but because we cannot change it on Airbnb platform, our listings have been deactivated.  Since we cannot change the registration number, Airbnb sees our registration as "declined" by the city.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  

1 Best Answer

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry for the delayed response.  We've semi-giving up on Airbnb.

We decided to go around the system after going back and forth for months without any proper help from Airbnb.

We started 2 new listings and deactivated the old listings.  The main concern we had was losing the old feedback.  Luckily, the old feedback are linked to the new listings.  It's a lot more work but it's the only solution we found to the problem.

We hope this helped.

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Jessicca0 

I went onto my listing to see if I could alter my registration number and it looks like I can edit it so forgive me If you have already tried the following steps I took below:

In host mode:

==>Menu

==>Listing

==>Policies and rules

==>Laws and regulations

==>Regulations and EDIT

I felt it was worth a try!

All the best

Joëlle

Hi @Joelle43 ,

Thank you for your time and thorough instruction.   It's very kind of you.

Perhaps it's because of my strange situation, but I've gone to the exact page you've referred to many times and unfortunately, I've never had the option to make the change.

During COVID, I put my Airbnb listings on hold and didn't renew my account with the city for two years.  

Six months ago I've re-register with the city and have received a new registration number.    However, I'm unable to enter the new number on Airbnb and keep getting the same message, "Your registration was declined".

The reason for the message is because Airbnb have the old registration number --- which is no longer valid ---  which I'm trying desperately to change.

I talked to numerous agents and sent tons of messages asking for help in getting the registration number changed but so far everyone have told me to go talk to the city because it's the city that "declined" my registration.  

No one seems to understand what I'm saying.

Do you know if there's a way to reach a manager or higher level of support or am I stuck with the endless circle of not-helpful "support" agents?

I don't want to start a new Airbnb account because I don't want to lose our feedbacks.  

Can you tell I'm beyond frustrated?  

@Jessicca0 

You poor thing and I can quite understand  your frustration.  I get it so why can't CS see that you've already re-applied?

I will tag @Bhumika and although she is not part of CS she has been known to "go where no woman has gone before" (hello any Star Trek fans out there🤣)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Jessica;

Joëlle

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Haha @Joelle43 ! What a good laugh I am having at the reference 🤣 🤣. Love the humor😍!!! (And ofcourse, thanks for tagging me.)

Hi @Jessicca0 , Would you be able to let me know when did you receive your new registration number and confirm if you have more than 1 listings? As I can one on your profile, which is active.

Meanwhile, I will check on which team can look into this and reach out to them.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello @Bhumika  I am having the same exact issue, my registration lapsed and I had to register for a new Registration number with the city. However I have been unable to update my registration number with Airbnb . I have been left frustrated with same exact issue for weeks now.

can you please help get my registration number updated on the back end of Airbnb. 

I also am having this issue in Seattle. Super frustrating. I sent screen shots of the information from Seattle with my new registration information and was told I needed to update my gov't ID. I pressed and said I thought there was some other problem. Then I was told I had been blocked by the city. I said yes, and that I had sent the screen shots from the city showing all requirements had bee met and the city told me to update my listing with the registration number. I was finally told another Airbnb team (Regulatory Response Department) needs to help me. I'm awaiting their call.

Patrick B. was able to address my issue and my listing is now available. Thanks, Patrick B!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Saheed1 !  Sorry for the delayed response. As we do not have access to Support tools, I am not quite sure if I would have been able to help with this.  Since it has been a while you posted, did you manage to have this solved? 

One of the other Host @Carol41 is facing the same issue! Would it be possible for you to share an update in the meantime while Carol awaits for more information from the Support team?

-----

Hello Jessicca,

did you find someone at Airbnb to help get the registration number updated on the back end so that it can the be validated with the city?

I am having same exact issue.

thanks,

Carol41
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I'm not sure why the title reads "Solved..." and the post shows "Answered" when your (our) issue has not been solved nor adequately answered...can the title of the post be amended to reflect this is still an outstanding and important issue?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Carol41 ! Seems like there is some confusion. The post appears answered as this thread is originally Jessica's post.

While we wait for Jessica to update us, would you like to share a new post and elaborate a bit on your concerns so that other Hosts can help you on a fresh thread? You can create a new thread by starting a new conversation by clicking here.

-----

OK. It appears Jessica, Saheed, and I are all having the same problem. It seemed efficient to combine the thread.

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry for the delayed response.  We've semi-giving up on Airbnb.

We decided to go around the system after going back and forth for months without any proper help from Airbnb.

We started 2 new listings and deactivated the old listings.  The main concern we had was losing the old feedback.  Luckily, the old feedback are linked to the new listings.  It's a lot more work but it's the only solution we found to the problem.

We hope this helped.

Janet1542
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hi everyone,

I just changed my registration number and this is how it went. Go to your listing, on the left side you have your listing editor. It has Your Space, Arrival Guide and then three dot menu. Go to the three dots menu, go to regulations, it shows you the registration number so go to view, you can then edit the number and submit.