Hi, I need to find an airbnb cleaner/manager for my unit

Tracey638
Level 1
Darwin, Australia

Hi, I need to find an airbnb cleaner/manager for my unit

I have a listing in Parap in DArwin NT.

I need a new cleaner - can anyone recommend a cleaner please?

Tracey

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Tracey638 ! Welcome to the Community Center🌻.

Have you managed to find some trusted cleaning services through online research and websites? 

I'm also kindly reaching out to some of the wonderful Hosts in our community from Australia, if they have any tips for us to find reliable cleaners or managers for your listing or if they themselves have a trusted lead for us : @Cathie19 @Mary1523 @Bronwyn100 @Laurelle3 @Robin4 . Looking forward to their advice!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sorry no leads but here's my tip @Tracey638 

Don't look for a cleaner. It's more than that if you want to be a Super Host.

I recommend looking locally for a 'House Keeper'. Sure they clean, but it's setting up your property, making sure it feels welcoming, giving you trusted advice on things that you need to replace. It's a PARTNERSHIP, not an employer-employee relationship. And pay them above and beyond normal 'cleaning' rates. You want a house keeper to look after it as if it's their own. Going above and beyond to make sure it's spotless, not just another 'place to clean'. Ideally someone who cleans their own place well, does NOT clean for a living and but would like to help you. I also give them a Xmas bonus and a case of wine (same wine they leave out for guests) so that they feel part of it.

This is what's worked for me. I have that person. The only downside is when they go on holidays, it's not easy to find a replacement. Every time i try to find a 'temporary cleaner', it never works out. They miss things, they don't understand how to setup an airbnb etc.

Good luck all, finding a great housekeeper (unless you go for a booking management service and I have my philosophical objections to those, but that's just me) is hard, but once you have one, you need them more than they need you, so treat them well!