How to Remove "Manage Listings"? (I am NOT a host.)

Answered!
Michael8719
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

How to Remove "Manage Listings"? (I am NOT a host.)

I'm not a host,  but it always shows "Manage Listings" with a red dot and a "1" on my profile pic indicating that I have a new message.  

There is no way to remove this.

I would only want to see a new message indicator when I ACTUALLY have a new message -- not all the time (which sort of defeats the purpose of such indicators).

1 Best Answer
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Michael8719 ,

Similiar thing happened to me too. You would think that such bugs and a bad web interface experience wouldn't occur on Airbnb, but they do. The reason might be that you accidentally pressed the add listing button, and the system thinks you're still in the process of creating one. I was curious and pressed the button, and afterward, it kept insisting that I complete the task with this annoying little red dot. What I did was finish the process of creating an empty property and then delete it. The dot never appeared again. 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Michael8719 ,

Similiar thing happened to me too. You would think that such bugs and a bad web interface experience wouldn't occur on Airbnb, but they do. The reason might be that you accidentally pressed the add listing button, and the system thinks you're still in the process of creating one. I was curious and pressed the button, and afterward, it kept insisting that I complete the task with this annoying little red dot. What I did was finish the process of creating an empty property and then delete it. The dot never appeared again. 

Indeed, I had clicked on a pop-up that was nagging me every time I signed in (asking me to become a host).  I thought by clicking it, it would go away (though it didn't at that time) --  instead it made me a host, and since I didn't create my first listing, I kept seeing that message notification. 

Adding a listing and removing it per your suggestion, worked.

Thanks!

Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

@Michael8719 ,

You're welcome. I'm happy to know that it worked.