How to set room rates for more than one room

Answered!

How to set room rates for more than one room

Hi, 

Thanks in advance.

I am just about to list my property and I want to offer rooms on both a nightly basis whilst I am in residence and exclusively when I am away. I have more than one room available. So my question is, can I do one listing for one room with an option to add at additional room at a pro rata rate, or do I need to do one listing for one bedroom, a separate listing for two bedrooms, three bedrooms and a fourth should I want to rent the house exclusively.

Marcus 

1 Best Answer

@Marcus366 You'd need a separate listing for each configuration. Airbnb doesn't have a "select number of rooms" feature to apply within a listing.

But there's not a huge market for groups requiring multiple bedrooms in a home shared with the host. Once you get to that price point, you're going to just book an Entire Home property for more privacy. So if it's legal for you to host multiple lodgers in your home (and you can organize it in such a way to minimize risk of Covid spread) you can list each unit separately as a Private Room, and create a 4th listing that is an Entire Home property. 

Would I recommend this to a new host? Definitely not. Each new listing gets a temporary boost in search results for a couple weeks, which is your best lifeline in a time with low demand. So I'd suggest starting with one listing - ideally the best room you have to offer - and gradually building your profile as you're bolstered by (hopefully) positive reviews. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

@Marcus366 You'd need a separate listing for each configuration. Airbnb doesn't have a "select number of rooms" feature to apply within a listing.

But there's not a huge market for groups requiring multiple bedrooms in a home shared with the host. Once you get to that price point, you're going to just book an Entire Home property for more privacy. So if it's legal for you to host multiple lodgers in your home (and you can organize it in such a way to minimize risk of Covid spread) you can list each unit separately as a Private Room, and create a 4th listing that is an Entire Home property. 

Would I recommend this to a new host? Definitely not. Each new listing gets a temporary boost in search results for a couple weeks, which is your best lifeline in a time with low demand. So I'd suggest starting with one listing - ideally the best room you have to offer - and gradually building your profile as you're bolstered by (hopefully) positive reviews. 

Thanks so much, great intel. received and understood. Thanks again

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Marcus366  Also be aware that if you are in residence and renting out more than one room to unrelated guests, and they have shared facilities, like a bathroom, you as the host will need to make sure that bathroom is kept clean. Of course you should impress on your guests to be respectful of the others who are using it, but ultimately it's up to you to keep it to a good standard, which might entail doing a quick clean twice a day. It's also a good idea to provide adequate storage for guests' personal bathroom gear if they're sharing. Small plastic totes on a shelf, rather than everyone's products all over the surfaces, is one solution.

@Sarah977 

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I would only book two bedrooms if the guests knew each other. Thankfully each bedroom is on its own floor and both have their own bathroom with plenty of storage. I like the idea of the totes. Daily cleans seems a sensible thing to do. have a great weekend. Marcus