I need to get more info on a couple of things, ok maybe more? Thanks

Answered!

I need to get more info on a couple of things, ok maybe more? Thanks

Taxes, I'm looking for more info on taxes in NC and in TX. I'd also like to know if anyone has had issues with payouts being on time? Is Smart pricing really smart? Has anyone had to use Aircover because I just had to worst guest since starting bnb and I'm going to need to charge him for damages and cleaning fee. Do you guys ad a fee if a guest check out 1 hr late?

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mary5311 Some thoughts:

1) You have 14 days to instigate a claim. Ideally review the guest and hope they review you before you launch the claim.

2) Aircover only pays a depreciated amount (if they pay at all) so small claims for older things (or things you don't have proof of purchase for) may not be worthwhile.

3) We don't charge for late check out. If you can schedule your cleaner for an hour after the guest leaves so it is not a huge issue as most guests are late leaving. Also send them a nice message the night before thanking them for the stay and reminding them of the checkout time.

4) Smart pricing has never seemed smart to me. When we used it the price set was too high until a few weeks before a particular night at which point it went to the minimum. Max/min can control this BUT you can't set different values for different seasons which exacerbates the above issue. Finally it only reacts to local events once lots of bookings come in so many people won't get a price hike for a local event. 

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mary5311 Some thoughts:

1) You have 14 days to instigate a claim. Ideally review the guest and hope they review you before you launch the claim.

2) Aircover only pays a depreciated amount (if they pay at all) so small claims for older things (or things you don't have proof of purchase for) may not be worthwhile.

3) We don't charge for late check out. If you can schedule your cleaner for an hour after the guest leaves so it is not a huge issue as most guests are late leaving. Also send them a nice message the night before thanking them for the stay and reminding them of the checkout time.

4) Smart pricing has never seemed smart to me. When we used it the price set was too high until a few weeks before a particular night at which point it went to the minimum. Max/min can control this BUT you can't set different values for different seasons which exacerbates the above issue. Finally it only reacts to local events once lots of bookings come in so many people won't get a price hike for a local event.